Icelandic Chickens

yesss.gif
Wow Kathy!! I am sooo jealous of your pretty blue eggs!! No blue eggs here but I got my first egg in the barn today, a nice dark FBCM one.. I'm still finishing out the inside of the barn, tomorrow I hope to at least get the roosts finished and nest boxes installed in the pens I have finished... If I am lucky, I'll get two more turkey pens finished and can separate them. Here's a few pictures..

this is the Icelandic pen.. I have 7 pullets and 7 roos... I think I will keep 2 roosters for now...

Here's the two finalists for Cock of the Icelandic Walk..

Here's a couple of pullets

Here's Marge

Turkeys

Nice pens, thebirdguy! Your Marge looks like my three poufy head sisters, but in white when ours were black, may they rest in peace, all Silkie crosses. Loved those three precious hens and we miss them terribly.

Hi, Icelandic aficionados! I still check in from time to time to see how much fun you guys are having. Still love the look of these birds.

Came over when I saw that Mary sent Kathy EMU eggs! Hahaha, good surprise, Mary! Nobody can top that one! Good luck with those and the eggs I sent, Kath.

Last edited:
Shawn, your pens look fabulous! Turkeys! You have turkeys! WOO HOO, I can hardly wait to have turkeys!

Cyn, Just stay tuned..... I will get back at Mary. Some day, some way. I mean, really, I feel I MUST return the kindness. Don't you think?

I have Narragansett, Bourbon Red, Blue Slate, Royal Palm and Black Spanish... I may be getting a trio of Sweetgrass from Blue Sky but she hasn't called me back... Should have lots of eggs and poults for sale this Spring!!

Shawn, your pens look fabulous! Turkeys! You have turkeys! WOO HOO, I can hardly wait to have turkeys!

Cyn, Just stay tuned..... I will get back at Mary. Some day, some way. I mean, really, I feel I MUST return the kindness. Don't you think?

Oh, absolutely you must!
tongue.png

thebirdguy, I love Royal Palm and Blue Slate turkeys. Maybe one day I'll have a turkey or two around here. And I want my guineas back, too, dang it.

Back
Top Bottom