IceMan's Chooks!!

checking out the new digs!!

and yes they love maggots!!! (i farm my own, my system produces hundreds per week)

The same day we picked them up we had our first egg. As they are still young it now varies from one to three per day, we have also had a nice big double yolker.

I'm hoping to get a video of the setup done this weekend. the girls have awesome personalities and respond really well to us and are always up for a chat!!

AWESOME!!!
highfive.gif

Your coop and run look wonderful.
Congrats on the new chooks.

I love it, its beautiful. Just one little tiny tiny thing. The points on the screws on the cover of the nesting boxes should be covered. Have fun, we love our chickens.

Thanks All

I love it, its beautiful. Just one little tiny tiny thing. The points on the screws on the cover of the nesting boxes should be covered. Have fun, we love our chickens.
Don't worry, i cut the screw ends off the lid. i made a chook house not a torture chamber

Very nice! Any predators in your area? I'd be a bit worried as many determined animals can get through chicken wire to get a meal. If it's hardware cloth or welded wire - you're good.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom