Icky, gross & Graphic - squeamish don't read - Can they eat this?

calicokat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
azalia, indiana
sickbyc.gif
If you are the least bit squeamish, just back out now!

Ok, I need to know if my chooks will be ok. We lost a cat about a week ago or so. Found her (followed our nose and found him!) under the deck where we can't reach him - on Tuesday evening - and it is gross.

Then the chickens went under there and found her . . . . . . . . and they ate on him -
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
idunno.gif
Guess they didn't get the memo that we don't eat things with names around here! The next morning when we let them out, yep, straight for the cat and munched on him all day. Couldn't get them OR the cat out from under there because of lattice work, and the only opening is just big enough for an animal (we have oppossums that we think live under there and didn't want to trap them in when we build the deck, gee, we were afraid they'd die under there and stink up the place
barnie.gif
)

By bedtime yesterday we were down to bone and things crawling around - serious
sickbyc.gif
factor - thank God he was a runt, and never did get very big!!

So, what's done is done. But will they be ok?

Will I ever be ok?
barnie.gif

It's not kinda gross, it's over the top, having trouble looking at my girls today gross!
th.gif

Seriously, being the grown up is really a yucky gig some days! On the plus side (and it's hard to find one in this situation!) we can enjoy the deck and pool again . . . . the smell's gone
hide.gif

They will be fine, I once shot a Raccoon that got hung up in the Mulberry tree in their chicken run and when it decomposed enough to fall down, they had a feast.

tongue.png
chickens can be as gross as dogs!!! I experienced something like this, but I found mine several years ago eating one of their own kind that had died!!! Little Cannibals...so no it doesnt surprise me what yours did....they wouldnt do this if it would hurt them IMO...
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom