ID Help

Indee

Hatching
Oct 22, 2023
Hi. I got two Oliver egger a feom a breeder. He also has indigo Gigante and Malay’s. My olives are not olives. They are about five months old. Anyone know if they are indigo or Malay’s? I’m thinking Malay’s, but I really can’t tell the difference. Not sure sex either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8180.jpeg
    IMG_8180.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8158.jpeg
    IMG_8158.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8163.jpeg
    IMG_8163.jpeg
    919.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8167.jpeg
    IMG_8167.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Both are males. The first one is a mix. Neither Malays nor Indo Gigantes should have any feathering on the legs, and his posture isn't upright. Either breed could account for one parent in the cross, but more likely Malay. The second looks more like a Malay to me, but is probably a cross as well.

Both are males. The first one is a mix. Neither Malays nor Indo Gigantes should have any feathering on the legs, and his posture isn't upright. Either breed could account for one parent in the cross, but more likely Malay. The second looks more like a Malay to me, but is probably a cross as well.
Sparse leg feathering does happen in some lines of Orientals actually. They often molt out. Happened with my Indian Malays this year.

But this one's is abit more thick, & probably won't molt out. Wouldn't use him for further breeding.

Thanks. That makes sense if his Malay’s, which were in a separate run, snuck into the olives run. Kind of irritating. He told me it was easy to sex olives and now here I am with two Malay’s or mixes. So much for easy. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom