ID This Spider for Me (WARNING! Don't Look if You're Squeamish!!)

Quote:
I have someone we could test it out on....
hide.gif

me too
wink.png
lol

Don't we all
lol.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lol! Kidding aside sheesh that's creepy looking... Try a university site and google has many what's this bug sites to try. Good luck ewww.
hide.gif

Quote:
That's one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time! Art by spiders is one of my favorite observances!

We "train" our big garden spiders to not web low enough to get us anymore- about the third time we break the bottom strand they learn to rebuild at a higher level.

Well, I'm squeamish (pretty much only about spiders) and I looked anyway. Why is that?!?!??!?!
idunno.gif

Anyway, pretty cool spider. Especially since he or she is not on my bedroom ceiling at the moment
smile.png

JJ

Last edited:
the way it's holding its body i would say its an orb weaver spider. Prettiest one I've ever seen. They're pretty docile and can be trained to keep your garden pest free.

Poor things, I walk into their webs at night all the time. Never been bit. I have been crawled on though.

Didn't someone a long time ago did artwork on spider webs? Didn't he take a black talum powder (used for investigation for fingerprints) to the web and then press the white canvas onto the web?

They are beautiful in their own way but I don't like running into them either.

Back
Top Bottom