Idaho?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pawtraitart, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    Yay for chicks Lisa!!!

I don't know anyone around here that has dorkings, but I also haven't looked very hard!!

Boy those are pretty roos, Michelle, how hard are they to catch?? haha I hope the calico/millefluer one is still around??

Bantam is a type, there are several different breeds of bantam... bantam cochin, bantam orpington, bantam ameracauna... and there are some breeds that are just bantams, like silkies and seramas.....

2. Mo5C

Mo5C Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    I have alot to learn about chicken breeds and types. :) I will figure it out sooner or later. Anyone know how I share more than one photo at a time?

3. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Yes, I have the calico cockeral in a safe indoor pen for the winter for you. He's a nice bird. Really friendly.

4. lilwhispers

lilwhispers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Idaho
    I found it rather coincidental that yesterday in the free Times News their urban homesteaders peice was on keeping your own layers. It was probably printing while we were at city council meeting. Great timing

5. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Yes, great timing! I so hope that the Council will vote your way. It's so silly to not allow laying hens......or pet rabbits for that matter. What's up with that?? You said that pheasants WERE allowed. ??? Silly people.

6. Mo5C

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for this group?

7. ROLOIdaho

ROLOIdaho Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Emmett, Idaho
    I don't know of one, but I think it's a great idea!

1 person likes this.
  8. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
  9. IdaArchae

IdaArchae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    SE Idaho
    There isn't one for this group, but several of the breeders on this Idaho thread have pages. I have a page called Idaho Chicken Hobby Hobnobbing that is a general chat and information type of thing. Quite of few of the Idaho folks (and beyond) have joined and post there: http://www.facebook.com/groups/445180078835674/

10. Mo5C

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    Ok I requested to join the group, my name is mandi and my profile picture is of my hen Penny (a beautiful RIR).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by