Idaho?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pawtraitart, Jun 8, 2007.

1. lilwhispers

lilwhispers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks Daloorashens it was a good meeting they voted to start a draft for a new ordiance, we are not out of the woods yet but it is a start. They voted 4 yeas and 2 nays

2. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    That's great! So they at least have to consider it now, right? Will they then vote on the proposed new ordinance? What is the time frame for that?

3. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho

It's hard to tell in this photo because I can't see the birds conformation or size. Is it a bantam? Maybe a japanese bantam of some kind?

4. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    yay li whispers!! at least you' re making progress!!

5. framing fowl

framing fowl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2009
    Southeast Idaho
    Thanks for the welcome!. I'm just south of you in Pocatello. Do you know if there is anyone in the area that has dorkings?

What kind of birds do you have?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. Mo5C

Mo5C Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    I have a couple more pics if that will help, but they were taken with the camera on my phone and in the evening so I don't know if they are any good.

7. Mo5C

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    The guy I got him from was thinking either Araucana or Ameraucana(not sure if I spelled it right). But he doesn't look like either breed and he is only 13-15 inches tall and only maybe 6-7 inches wide, of course he is only 6 months old (He hasn't grown much since I got him). How long does it take for them to get full grown?

8. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Welcome Framing fowl. I am from Logan, with roots in Id Falls, and come through there often! :frow

daloorashens, so far so good on your eggs, yay!

My babies that hatched yesterday! :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am picking up eggs to set tonight...FBCM, Cuckoo marans crossed with FBCM, Blue Wheaten Am, and EE crossed with Blue wheaten Am. 18 eggs total, should be fun!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  9. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    My guess is that he is some kind of bantam. His white earlobes suggests no ameraucana lineage unless he's a mix. He would be bigger if he was a standard size bird.

Anybody need a rooster? I have three silver ameraucana, one blue wheaten ameraucana, and two blue split to mottled bantam cochin available. They are running loose on the farm. Catch and carry. :)

[​IMG]

10. Mo5C

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    Yeah my dad said he thought bantam as well. Is Bantam a breed or just a type?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by