Idaho?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pawtraitart, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    I am hoping to sell the extras that I hatch at chickenstock, but otherwise I will advertise on KSL and Craigslist, I had good luck with that last year with the extras I had.... I'm not really set-up for a cockerel pen, yet, so I'll either have to sell them or hope Shawn has extra room in his cockerel pen, lol!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Daloorashens

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    I would just like to say that I love hearing the egg song!! It makes me smile[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. lilwhispers

lilwhispers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Idaho
    We're off to see the mayor.....

4. framing fowl

framing fowl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2009
    Southeast Idaho
    Just recently moved to southeast Idaho and thought I'd introduce myself and my flock:

I have 4 royal palms: 1 tom & 3 hens. It's my first time with turkeys.
    I also picked up a laying flock consisting of 4 barred rocks, 3 black star, 1 red star, and a brown leghorn.

I've had different laying flocks in the past and really like having a few different breeds of hens for their personalities and eggs.

The turkeys were kind of unplanned but happened along so I'm learning as I go.

5. BeccaSmith

BeccaSmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Meridian, ID
    I am a chicken newbie (on my second year), could someone please tell me what issues Marans have and what SOP stands for?

6. ROLOIdaho

ROLOIdaho Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Emmett, Idaho
    SOP stands for Standard Of Perfection, basically the traits and characteristics each breed should possess.

Marans are a fairly new breed in the US. They are just now being accepted by the APA (Black Copper is already accepted and Cuckoo has qualifying meets coming up next year). There are countless issues you will run into with them from comb issues to egg color issues, lack of proper color, to much color, not enough feathers on the legs, tomany feathers on the legs or feathers on the middle toes.....and the list goes on and on. Good birds are hard to come by and their are a lot of folks out there who are selling what they have without being upfront with the buyer as to what issues might crop up, so buyer beware.

7. Daloorashens

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    good luck lilwhispers with the mayor!! Aren't you in Burley?

WELCOME framing fowl!!! I live in the Idaho Falls area, where are you at?

And Becca, ditto what Rolo said, haha

Candled my eggs, took 6 out... a few more are questionable, but still the majority are looking good, woo-hoo!!!

8. Mo5C

Mo5C Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    [​IMG][/IMG]

9. Concrete101

Concrete101 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Twin falls

10. Mo5C

Mo5C Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    [​IMG]
    This picture and the one I just posted are of my rooster Lou. The man who gave him to me didn't know what breed he was. Does anyone have an idea on his breed? Welcome to you Concrete101, hope you enjoy your stay in this group. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by