Idaho?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pawtraitart, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

2. IcyOldHen

IcyOldHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I'm south of Idaho Falls, near Firth. I'm looking for some eggs to give my broody little silkie. Anyone have any they want to sell? :)

3. IcyOldHen

Nov 5, 2011
    SE Idaho

4. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Did you say...36 FEET by 48 FEET!!!! :bow

What i would give to have that much room for birds! :th

1 person likes this.
  5. Daloorashens

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho

My eggs from the pen with my Marans roo are fertile, I have some growing in the bator=) Laying in that pen are the EE's they are laying a nice green/blue egg, so hopefully you'd get some olive eggers from a pullet with a peacomb.... Want me to collect some for you?? I think my mom's getting 1-2 eggs/day from them... the Marans pullets are not laying yet, darn it or I could get some of those for you, too...

6. IcyOldHen

Nov 5, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I'd love a few, maybe 4? She sucessfully hatched 4 last spring. That would be so cool! Just let me know when & where! YAY!

7. IcyOldHen

Nov 5, 2011
    SE Idaho
    LOL

The funny thing is... after we built the barn in late 2009 it sat empty until November 2011 when I finally got my first 5 chickens (after wanting chickens basically my entire life)! When they built the barn my husband, Bill, had the foresight to also have them build two nice big shelters in the pastures so I no longer really needed the barn for the horses.

So it basically sat empty.

While I drove to pick up my chickens Bill said he'd get a run set up...in the BARN! He'd had chickens as a kid. I had basically no experience with chickens. I was like.... NO, I don't want them pooping all over in my barn. I wanted to put them outside in one of the three 10'x10' dog runs we hadn't used in years. Bill insisted they go in the barn. I insisted they go in the dog run.

I got home late and he'd set up a 5' x 10' run in the barn. So in the barn they went! And I'm so glad because I spent the whole winter in the barn with them. If they'd have been outside in the cold wind, rain & snow I would not have been able to enjoy them nearly as much!

Now they've basically taken over the barn with 5 runs, plus the space needed for their feed, 4 spare cages for quarantine, etc. The main flock also gets to free range.

I can (do LOL) spend hours out in the barn with my flock!

8. Daloorashens

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    I will PM you IcyOldHen...

That's how I was as a teenager when I had chickens, I loved to sit out there with them... my mom always knew where to find me, out in the shed with the chickens, lol!! I guess it kept me off the streets! With young kiddos I don't get to spend nearly as much time with them as I would like, but, I'm still happy to have chickens again!! 36x48 sounds like a wonderful, ideal space for them!! Jealous!!

9. Mo5C

Mo5C Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    New Meadows, ID
    I need a barn for my 7 chickens, it is getting too cold for me to spend very long out in the chicken yard with them, poor babies. I miss spending my days out there with them.

10. Daloorashens

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    Lol, you and me both!!! I love watching chicken TV, I have to content myself watching through the window for now.... I did let them out to freerange today, that made them VERY happy, it cracks me up watching them run around... haha silly birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by