Idaho?

I have a little of everything...I have RIR's, Aricanas, black austrolorps, light brahmas, a white crested black polish, 2 blue polish. a buff orpington, black sex links, red sexlinks, 1 silkie rooster and some brown leghorns. . I would really like some black cuckoo marans and some welsummers. I live on an acreage and have 3 horses as well.

So.. I have never been out to Dunlap... is it a place I could walk in and purchase just 1? I have been looking for a duckling friend for my Khaki and I saw they have them! (Were as D&B and such has been out).

yes - i was just there today and they have ducklings in their brooders. Hatching days are Monday & Tuesday

Address: 4703 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605
Phone:(208) 459-9088
Hours:

Monday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday Closed

I have a little of everything...I have RIR's, Aricanas, black austrolorps, light brahmas, a white crested black polish, 2 blue polish. a buff orpington, black sex links, red sexlinks, 1 silkie rooster and some brown leghorns. . I would really like some black cuckoo marans and some welsummers. I live on an acreage and have 3 horses as well.

I want some marans and welsummers also, and I want more orpingtons, but in other colors then the buff, they are just the sweetest things! How many chickens are you up to now?

I want some marans and welsummers also, and I want more orpingtons, but in other colors then the buff, they are just the sweetest things! How many chickens are you up to now?
There's another chicken train going from my area up to Boise, soon. I have blue orpingtons hatching every week until the end of this month.
wink.png

Becca, I 'think' I have 34 and then the 6 new babies. I am down to 4 roosters now and that's about right. Nobody fights. I have an itty bitty banty hen that came with my silkie rooster and she's trying to set...if I see she's really serious about it I'll give her some green eggs like I did my black sex link...this time soon as somebody crows (the babies) they are out the door...I'm not dealing with all that again fighting with each other, ripping feathers out of the hens...I have a big beautiful aracana rooster that is starting to be mean...I think it's funny when he tries to get me, but I realized that sometimes my granddaughters mom brings them over and if I'm in the barn she just comes in the back yard. I'm pretty sure Bugz would go after those little girls, there are 4 of them. :( I have a guard rooster and a guard horse annnnnd a guard dog! How many chickens are you up to? I havent seen you in ages!

I love the blue orpingtons, theyre sooo pretty. I have just the one, her name is "Buffy". ;) how original haha and she follows me around the yard and watchs everything I do. She has the sweetest personality, but I did see her jump up and whack that mean rooster in the chest the other day with both feet....and he wasnt even bothering HER, he was bothering one of her buddies, a little astrolorp named Mary. I thought that was hilarious! I've never seen her do that but she obviously didnt like him bothering Mary. hahaha

For painting the outside of my coop, what is the best paint - must it be exterior? (Asking because I just painted my room this last summer and have a lot left over). Also if so... what seems to be the best priced kind and store to purchase it from?

ETA: I am in the Boise/Meridian area

Last edited:
Becca, I 'think' I have 34 and then the 6 new babies. I am down to 4 roosters now and that's about right. Nobody fights. I have an itty bitty banty hen that came with my silkie rooster and she's trying to set...if I see she's really serious about it I'll give her some green eggs like I did my black sex link...this time soon as somebody crows (the babies) they are out the door...I'm not dealing with all that again fighting with each other, ripping feathers out of the hens...I have a big beautiful aracana rooster that is starting to be mean...I think it's funny when he tries to get me, but I realized that sometimes my granddaughters mom brings them over and if I'm in the barn she just comes in the back yard. I'm pretty sure Bugz would go after those little girls, there are 4 of them. :( I have a guard rooster and a guard horse annnnnd a guard dog! How many chickens are you up to? I havent seen you in ages!

I am down to 16 now, we had to cull one about a month ago, she went down hill fast, I don't know what was wrong with her but figured it had something to do with her being from a hatchery. I have another one that I think may have a problem as well, swollen area kind of below the vent, it is very plump feeling, but she seems fine other then having a messy butt.

Robbo, I was wondering the same thing about paint. It should be exterior, at least on the outside. I was considering using my excess paints to paint the inside. It would be nice to do the outside too though since we already have more than enough paint. Its just that it is interior.

Back
Top Bottom