Idaho?

My first hatch, I had 8 eggs. One hatched on day 18 and the rest on day 22 or 23. I was about to give up when the rest started to hatch. I was careful about my temps, humidity, and turning. This time, I didn't touch the temp or stress over humidity. I turned them once, maybe 3 times a day. The eggs still hatch just fine. I'm not buying into all the meticulous note taking and finite details that I have read about on here.

My first hatch, I had 8 eggs. One hatched on day 18 and the rest on day 22 or 23. I was about to give up when the rest started to hatch. I was careful about my temps, humidity, and turning. This time, I didn't touch the temp or stress over humidity. I turned them once, maybe 3 times a day. The eggs still hatch just fine. I'm not buying into all the meticulous note taking and finite details that I have read about on here.

I'm maybe taking notes. ROFL. This is my first hatch, I'm on day 6. Going to candle tomorrow and hope I can see something. I've also been having problems getting my humidity where I want it, so keeping track of it isn't such a bad thing in this case, I don't think. LOL

I'm maybe taking notes. ROFL. This is my first hatch, I'm on day 6. Going to candle tomorrow and hope I can see something. I've also been having problems getting my humidity where I want it, so keeping track of it isn't such a bad thing in this case, I don't think. LOL
No, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's just a lot of work for, what I found, to not really matter. This hatch has been just as good as last time and I was careful about watching temp and humidity. This time I turned them once maybe 3 times a day until lock down. Then brought humidity up to 60% and they hatched just fine.

No, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's just a lot of work for, what I found, to not really matter. This hatch has been just as good as last time and I was careful about watching temp and humidity. This time I turned them once maybe 3 times a day until lock down. Then brought humidity up to 60% and they hatched just fine.

Mine auto turns, so I don't have to worry about that. LOL. I just check my numbers 3 times a day. Hopefully I have some weight loss tomorrow!

Just found the Idaho tread. Hello everyone
smile.png
HURRRAH! another western idahoan!!

Hello! and welcome!

frow.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I got into chickens about a year and a half ago. Now I'm an addict!! I have even started getting into quail. Have one silkie egg and 9 button quail eggs in the bator now. My poor husband has even been roped into coop construction and design.

Back
Top Bottom