Idaho?

You folks have some really good ideas! I'm going to start preparing warm mash in the mornings for them, and sprouting looks like a good idea too. I don't know much about fermenting, but that seems interesting too. It's slightly warmer today, and the below zero lows in the forecast don't appear to be as awfully low as what we've had. But we'll continue the "heater" and lights. There are two small ventillation holes up top of the coop and I close the doors tightly when it's nighttime ot too very subzero for the gals to play outside. (I won't be looking for eggs for another week though after all of this cold!)

Cool! It's fun to find people close by. My husband works for Dan Haderlie, if you know who that is (ah small towns). I'm a chicken newbie and don't have any yet but a friend in Idaho gave me some eggs to hatch so hopefully by the end of the month I'll have some chicks who's parents look like SLW but the mom lays green eggs. lol

I dont know Dan Haderlie, but good friends with a Chris Haderlie. My parents own a snowmobile shop in Alpine. I have 6 girls now, going to add another coop and hopefully have about 15-20 chickens total. I love them. Was new to chickens last spring and am totally addicted now. I had one SLW til she was taken by a predator, she was my fav girl.

Hi! I live on the Wyoming side of the border but we spend a lot of weekends in Idaho Falls, so I thought I would come over and say hello
frow.gif

WELCOME!!!!! I visit the UT thread, too, b/c DH is from there so we are down there fairly often... , the more the merrier!!

Quote:
I want to start fermenting grain too. I'm interested in growing fodder also! Sadly there is just so many hours in a day & I never have time for everything I want to learn! Currently I am sprouting wheat, oats & corn. Only my main flock really eats the sprouted corn. I wonder if they'd like it better fermented?

Here are my three Olive Egger chicks that hatched outside in the barn yesterday after our brutally cold -20°F temperatures!

They all seem to be doing great. Just an annoyed little hen from me removing her from the nest for a photo!

SOOO cute!! I had a New Hampshire hatch today!!! it was shipped over Christmas, a misunderstanding of the sender, so I was thrilled that any developed, let alone hatch!!

I dont know Dan Haderlie, but good friends with a Chris Haderlie. My parents own a snowmobile shop in Alpine. I have 6 girls now, going to add another coop and hopefully have about 15-20 chickens total. I love them. Was new to chickens last spring and am totally addicted now. I had one SLW til she was taken by a predator, she was my fav girl.

That's how that darn chicken math gets ya!!

Hi! I live on the Wyoming side of the border but we spend a lot of weekends in Idaho Falls, so I thought I would come over and say hello
frow.gif

Anybody from Afton must be ok!!! My dad's side of the family is from Afton/Thayne... If you have lived there very long, we're probably related!! Be sure to plan a trip to Idaho Falls on May 4th for Chickenstock!!

Hi all, it's been a while since I've said Hi.

I just thought I'd tell you about the CSU Chicken State University Thread. Search for it... it's growing every day but well well well worth the read. Covering one breed at a time you'll see pics and get real judges comments on those birds. They're on Rocks right now and have "finished" New Hampshires.

But mostly...."HI everyone! Let's get through winter and raise some chicks!!" Yay!

Back
Top Bottom