Idaho?

Pics
I have a beautiful 5 month old Dominique Cockeral up for grabs. Thought he was a pullet, but started crowing last week and is getting busy with all my hens. Please PM me if interested. I hatched this guy out, he's already a big boy!

Someone (I think on this thread) had volunteered to arrange for the BYC banner for the Chickenstock but I can't find the post... If it was you (or you know who it was) please pm me so we can make sure that we get it..

Two months from today is the big day... better start planning now what you are going to hatch to bring.. probably ought to set whatever you are hatching no later than the first week of April...

If you are planning to bring chicks etc to sell/trade... please pm me so that I know what you are bringing and can assign you a spot in the barn. We will have power available for brooders..

Hi Idaho,

Anyone in need of some Faverolles roosters from SQ stock? One has had dibs called on it by the president of the Faverolles Fanciers of America, but there are two more that need homes. They are 6 weeks old, and well feathered as I have been brooding them in my garage to build up cold tolerance (not that this winter has been harsh :p).

One of the ones left is a blue! Very rare color here in the USA, will probably win all the county fairs here in ID. I can't keep roosters, but you can bet that I'll be bringing one of my hens from the hatch to the fairs!

PM me if interested. I'd be willing to sell for a ridiculously low price to a BYC member.

Pele,

If you still have it in 2 months.. bring it to the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock.. I'll bet you could sell it there..

Hi Idaho,

Anyone in need of some Faverolles roosters from SQ stock? One has had dibs called on it by the president of the Faverolles Fanciers of America, but there are two more that need homes. They are 6 weeks old, and well feathered as I have been brooding them in my garage to build up cold tolerance (not that this winter has been harsh :p).

One of the ones left is a blue! Very rare color here in the USA, will probably win all the county fairs here in ID. I can't keep roosters, but you can bet that I'll be bringing one of my hens from the hatch to the fairs!

PM me if interested. I'd be willing to sell for a ridiculously low price to a BYC member.

Thanks Thebirdguy! I'm really looking forward to attending that! I'm just itchy to get the roos sold and out of my garage as soon as possible, as I'm not allowed to have roosters.

It's all worth it though, because the hens are such loves, and have hilarious groucho moustaches right now. Breeder quality Faverolles are so fat and fluffy that I couldn't resist getting some eggs and praying for girls. The boys are SO pretty that it breaks my heart to sell them. They already have gorgeous dappled feathers, and little black beards coming in.

BYC Banner has been ordered. Let's hope it's still available for May 5th
fl.gif

Hi Idaho!!

A tangent thread: My arrangements to purchase 10 welsummer POL pullets and a roo tomorrow JUST FELL THROUGH!! After the supplier told me I could pick them up, today he tells me he doesn't have them. Oh, I am pretty disappointed and I was counting on the eggs as I supply a number of folks their eating eggs. My arrangements were made ten days ago and I really lost time with this news.

Does anyone have or know of a small laying flock that I could buy? I did my homework when I chose the Welsummers and am now not sure what breed to go with but was counting on a dual purpose breed. I have plans for BCMarans, and BBS Orpingtons already in the works, so not those.

I am willing to drive pretty much anywhere in Idaho to get my layers. I am experienced in raising, have new coops, the flock(s) will be raised on pasture and the offspring will be raised organically... not certified. I am not NPIP.

Anybody? Thanks so much for a reply...

Beth from Harpster, Idaho

Edit: I am planning on attending Chickenstock in Idaho Falls and will also be in So. Idaho end of April picking up new chicks... but I'd sure like to get some layers soon!!

Last edited:
I have a Golden Sex Link 10 1/2 mo old, that lays huge eggs every single day---and a SLW that lays 4-5/week, but her tail is plucked/chewed, does not affect the eggs but hard to sell her because of appearance. Both for $10, very healthy, DE used, I am in Utah but would drive to Preston (Very southern Idaho) I do not know if that would help at all but the offer is there :)

Back
Top Bottom