Idea for a new forum

halo

Got The Blues
12 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
Ive recently seen a few posts for people looking for fresh eating eggs. Would there be any interest in a forum either for people looking for fresh eating eggs, or for people who have fresh eating eggs available at all times. Maybe a map where people can put themselves by user name, and people looking for eating eggs would have a central place that they would be able to find someone close to them to buy eggs from.

X2Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Homer, GA
Terrific idea! Even those of us w/chickens.. when they stop laying for various reasons, it'd be nice to be able to get homegrown eggs from someone else, instead of the nasty grocery store eggs!!!

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
Oh and how about processed birds or other livestock? Goats milk and products made. I know we have the auctions and for sale areas but another section with a map is just a great idea.

pengimama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Irwin, OH
I like all the ideas in this thread. We absolutely hate having to buy meat from the store, knowing how the animal was treated.... I would rather support local farmers and fellow BYC'ers!

Atrayu

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 12, 2011
Hermosa, South Dakota
I totally support this idea too!
It would be nice to have things listed in states or regions. I would love to be able to communicate more with local chicken folk.

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
Interesting idea! Let's keep discussing and if it looks like something that could be very helpful to the community and done with everyone working together then we may look into setting something up!

pengimama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Irwin, OH
Quote:Exactly. I was just tellign my fiance how it's so difficult to find local farmers who sell meats, etc. I have yet to get a day to go to the farmers market locally because it's open 2 hrs a week on a day when I am working... an online directory would make things so much easier. I would be willing to help with the project!

Top Bottom