1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Idea for a new forum

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by halo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive recently seen a few posts for people looking for fresh eating eggs. Would there be any interest in a forum either for people looking for fresh eating eggs, or for people who have fresh eating eggs available at all times. Maybe a map where people can put themselves by user name, and people looking for eating eggs would have a central place that they would be able to find someone close to them to buy eggs from.

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Brilliant Halo!

3. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    include me.we have eggs a plenty.overrun.

4. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Terrific idea! Even those of us w/chickens.. when they stop laying for various reasons, it'd be nice to be able to get homegrown eggs from someone else, instead of the nasty grocery store eggs!!!

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Oh and how about processed birds or other livestock? Goats milk and products made. I know we have the auctions and for sale areas but another section with a map is just a great idea.

6. pengimama

pengimama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Irwin, OH
    I like all the ideas in this thread. We absolutely hate having to buy meat from the store, knowing how the animal was treated.... I would rather support local farmers and fellow BYC'ers!

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    [​IMG]

8. Atrayu

Atrayu Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    I totally support this idea too!
    It would be nice to have things listed in states or regions. I would love to be able to communicate more with local chicken folk.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Interesting idea! Let's keep discussing and if it looks like something that could be very helpful to the community and done with everyone working together then we may look into setting something up!

10. pengimama

pengimama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Irwin, OH
    Quote:Exactly. I was just tellign my fiance how it's so difficult to find local farmers who sell meats, etc. I have yet to get a day to go to the farmers market locally because it's open 2 hrs a week on a day when I am working... an online directory would make things so much easier. I would be willing to help with the project!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by