IDEAL APPLAUSE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 30, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Just an FYI (this is partially my fault, too)....

Last year, I ordered 1 dozen Standard Sultan Hatching eggs from Ideal. I received 1 dozen all in good shape. I incubated them & got three to hatch. However, one chick had it's legs on backwards??? and died without ever really living...the other two made it adult chickenhood. I housed them with my brahmas (BIG Brahmas) and I was always told that Sultans are a light breed--so the smaller size wasn't a shock, especially compared to my brahmas.

Long story short, it wasn't until recently that I found out my Sultans were BANTAMS & NOT standards....so IDEAL sent me bantams by mistake. I was a little slow in realizing this because I was new to chickens and unaware of the size thing. It was only when I weighed my hen that I saw she was under 2lbs--not the 4lb weight that I grew suspicious. I've since lost both of those birds....but recently got more eggs from someone on BYC.

I contacted IDEAL, but haven't heard anything back...

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

So they contacted me back & they are crediting my credit card for the FULL amount--no questions asked!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Now that is some good customer service! Retrospective money back after a whole year! One way to get life time customers for sure.

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I just LOVE ideal. They are great. [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Yeah, NO KIDDING! Unfortunately, the CC I had my original order on--I paid off & closed the account. So she asked if I wanted to call in a NEW CC for them to issue the refund to, or if I wanted a check...

So I then asked if I could get a code or something so that I could order some more eggs from them...

Her response--What kind of eggs do you want?

[​IMG]

So now I'm thinking....what do I want??? [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Yeah, I'm definitely hooked, now! [​IMG]

7. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    oooh! Eggciting! Good luck picking! I would want them all! [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

[​IMG] I know...so now my issue is--do I settle on a breed I already have--to get new bloodlines from? OR do I go for a breed that I want or have wanted? Like Sumatras or Faverolles? I have 15 Favs in the 'bator already....

9. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, when you say new bloodlines I don't think most people would want Hatchery chickens in their show stock bloodlines, but not sure on your situation. I would Say go for the ones you have wanted! So you can have a new exciting adventure with a new breed! [​IMG]

10. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    You could always try some new exciting breed or color that not many people have like the solid red polish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by