IDEAL bantams arrived today (ok we picked them up)

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
From my previous post, my husband chanced a 45 + minute drive (one way) in snow/ icy conditions to the post office where they got stuck at. Thank you, husband. It was actually about an hour plus since he only was driving 40 mph, if that. We didn't want to find out that the delivery trucks couldn't make it to our post office tomorrow; the overall weather is supposed to be better, but the nighttime and morning temps would lead to really icy road conditions.

Out of 25 bantam chicks ordered.....ALL OF THEM ARE ALIVE!!! Woo hoo!

My only gripe (it's such a small gripe), is that even marked, I don't know who is who; they used some overlapping colors (6 EE, 6 assorted brahmas, 2 frizzle Cochins, 2 clean legged random bantams.....and then the absolutely random 9 bantams I ordered last minute so I could avoid standard size packing peanuts). Alas, i figure that y'all can help me identify!

I am so grateful to hear their peeps. I've dipped beaks, sprinkled feed on the napkins, and I've shown them the nipple waterer....the best sound (besides the peeps), is hearing them peck at the nipples....water up, babies!

Got to figure out how to upload pics.....my brooder is the pack and play pen (got the idea from here), but I added the crib tent so they are completely enclosed!

Yay! I posted on your other thread, but anyway very glad to hear yours ALL arrived so safely. Thanks to your husband, I'm sure, for getting them. That's awesome. Pictures pictures!! hehe

I wish I could upload straight from my iPhone! Or can I?!? It'll be you soon enough....sending my good chick vibes your way!!

Thanks Wink!! I have no idea about uploading pics hahaha. Haven't really needed to yet, but I guess come friday I'll have to figure it out huh?? Good luck and can't wait to see the little ones!

So glad to see this post today! Your peeps were on my mind after reading yesterday's post
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thank you... I feel very fortunate to have a situation where we could make the choice to pick them up at the post office, and super fortunate to have a husband willing to make a trip via truck in icy conditions. And beyond fortunate that everyone made it back safely!

Back
Top Bottom