Ideal Hatchery Order - Very pleased!!

idispatch4911

Chirping
8 Years
May 20, 2011
Southern Utah
My very first order of babies. The entire family is so excited!! I'm even taking appointments for friends and neighbors to come over and visit and hold babies. HA HA! Very impressed with Ideal. I ordered online, changed my mind about a few breeds and updated my credit card info over the phone. Emails saying my order would ship soon. Emails saying my order shipped. 11 pullet babies expected plus packing peanuts. TWENTY healthy peeping fuzzies were eager to get out of their little shipping box. Hope at least some of the peanuts are girls.... We'll see!

imag0404j.jpg

imag0405o.jpg

imag0406l.jpg

Could be. The three blondies are the buff orps. The chipmunk striped ones are the EE. The blacks with a white spot on their heads are the BR. Yes - the reddish ones are probably RIRs. They're all pretty though. Enjoy Glad to hear that you're pleased with Ideal. I've never ordered from them - but I like to hear of good experiences.

Yes, the peanuts are Rhode Island/New Hampshire/Production Red of some kind.

Good looking babies. I've been fairly pleased with their birds too, got a few that were nice enough to show even.

I had a batch from Privett (Ideal gets their chicks from Privett), very beautiful, healthy, and had some extra, but unfortunately most of them turned out to be roosters. I had bantams so I didn't had the choice for sexing. When buying from hatchery, if you can have them sexed, it's good to do so, otherwise you will end up with mostly roosters, because they usually toss away the weaker ones (mostly females) and ship the bigger, stronger, and healthier ones (mostly males). That is my experience with hatcheries. I usually get strong and healthy chicks, but mostly roosters. McMurray does the same.

Back
Top Bottom