IDEAL Hatchery: When did you get your chicks?

Feanor

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2012
Mississippi
There seems to be a lot of threads about IDEAL, but not one that actually has detailed information about how long it took for chicks to arrive in your area. So, here's my info:

Scheduled to be shipped on Wednesday May 23, 2012
Got my "Order has shipped!" Email on Tuesday May 22, 2012
Shipping from their hatchery in Texas to Taylor, MS

*Crossing my fingers that they arrive tomorrow morning!!*

If they do arrive tomorrow, they will be arriving the day they were scheduled to ship. That would be awesome!

Will post as soon as they actually arrive. You all know how anxious one gets when waiting for little babies to arrive, so post your experience with speed of shipping and location, too!

Mine shipped over night to West Point Ms. That was Feb. 22 They are all still alive.
wee.gif

Glad to hear it! Do you mean they arrived overnight from the time you received your "shipped!" email or from the day they were actually scheduled to ship out on (I ask since my "shipped!" email came a day before they were scheduled to ship)?

I still have not gotten any emails like that and I made my order Friday on the 18th I am a nervous wreck this is the first time I have ever ordered on line so I am just waiting to see if they send me my email on Wed which is tomorrow.

Glad to hear it! Do you mean they arrived overnight from the time you received your "shipped!" email or from the day they were actually scheduled to ship out on (I ask since my "shipped!" email came a day before they were scheduled to ship)?
Yes they shipped a day early.

Still no notice I am getting nervous I was hoping by now they would have contacted me but it is only 11 AM maybe after lunch they will contact me. I just want to get the emails saying when they will arrive. :(

Hi Stormy, perhaps they got your email address wrong? I just called IDEAL and they said my chicks did ship yesterday afternoon and that they should arrive tomorrow. Of course I am sad I won't be getting them today but more sad that the poor chicks have to sit in a box from yesterday afternoon, all day today, till tomorrow morning. I guess they give them some kind of food or water for the journey? I imagine a newly hatched chick would be starving! If you haven't gotten an email, call them and talk to the operator, they're really helpful and can tell you if there was a delay or something. And it's my first time ordering online too, so I know how you feel
barnie.gif

Hi Stormy, perhaps they got your email address wrong? I just called IDEAL and they said my chicks did ship yesterday afternoon and that they should arrive tomorrow. Of course I am sad I won't be getting them today but more sad that the poor chicks have to sit in a box from yesterday afternoon, all day today, till tomorrow morning. I guess they give them some kind of food or water for the journey? I imagine a newly hatched chick would be starving! If you haven't gotten an email, call them and talk to the operator, they're really helpful and can tell you if there was a delay or something. And it's my first time ordering online too, so I know how you feel
barnie.gif
I got an invoice after I paid , surely then it would mean they have the right email address I don't know or maybe they are really backed up.......I will wait one more day then going to call them. I was told it would take 2 days to ship them. But they are due to hatch today according to the site.

Some have told me they don't give them water or food but a chick can live for 3 days without water or food just after hatching.

Thank you I will try calling them and see what is going on.

I'm in Wisconsin and received mine 1 day after the ship date, but did receive my shipping email late night the night before the morning they shipped.

Still no word from them hmm well I am good at being patient really and I think one more day won't kill me. Just excited to see the fluffy butts lol

Back
Top Bottom