ideal hatchery

I am ordering from Ideal today, I believe, unless we change our minds again
roll.png
. I think we are getting 14 or so. I was hoping for some of those packing peanuts, and It would be awesome if they through a duck in there, :Dbecause Im the only one here that wants one.

I am supposed to get my ducklings tomorrow. I haven't heard from Ideal yet so I guess I will go email them and see what's up. I also will get "packing peanuts" (love that). But I don't really need anymore chickies....LOL

Kim

Well I have no patience for email. So I called Ideal...my little ducklings shipped out yesterday ....they should be here today or tomorrow ! Yay !

Mine are not going to be shipped until the 13th. I am so impatient I just can't wait to get them. lol I just called. They said they were out of toulouse geese and wouldn't have any for a long time so I went ahead and replaced it with a brown chinese female. I hope I don't regret getting chinese geese because I have always heard they were mean.

Kristyne--I'm soooo happy you got your babies. Sorry one was dead. When I opened my box I had my eyes closed. I didn't want to see any dead babies. My oldest had to tell me they were all alive before I could open my eyes. Was your silkie okay? Mine looked a little weak in the beginning but now he( i have a feeling he is a he) is running around pecking at everyone and everything. Sounds like a roo from the beginning!!
All of ours made it through the night just fine. I left them in the living room and my boys camped out on the couch and loveseat so they could check on them all nite. It was sooo funny. I still got up to check on them though.
Let me know how yours do today. You know the first couple of days are the hardest for them. They are so sweet right now. My barred rocks will run straight to my hand and peck it. When I put the camera in there they tried to peck the camera. I think they are gonna be the bravest outta the bunch. The golden campines look like leopard print! They are soooo cute! Don't forget to take a lot of pics--I'm sure you are more computer savy than I am and can get them on a post!!!!!!

Mine came today, but are at someone else's house. We split an order and are picking them up tonight. Everyone arrived alive, but one chick in the order has a problem with it's leg. I'm really glad they all made it. Apparently they were pretty dehydrated, but are doing fine, now.

I've been posting a lot lately, waiting for my chicks to arrive. Now I'll be busy watching chicks and telling three dogs to behave!
lol.png

We're getting Faverolles again and I just can't wait to see those tiny muffs and beards and those little feathered legs!

Edited to add that when we picked up our chicks last night, the little chick with the leg problem was already fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom