Ideal Hatchery

Selena

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Port Orchard, WA
For those who've ordered: how quickly after ordering have you received your orders? I asked for ASAP delivery, all of my breeds/sexes were available when I ordered 3 weeks ago, and were so for at least the next 2 weeks, and yet now they are not until the 24th. I tried contacting them through their order dept., and haven't heard back, so today I went directly to customer service with an email.

Is it just me in the dark, or is this an issue? I thought I was to receive an ETA.

This is the first time I've ever ordered chicks from anywhere.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I'm not sure why it's taking so long for your babies to get there. I ordered 12 cornish rocks recently and the chicks were here about a week after my order was placed. I was really surprised they were shipped so quickly because it looked like they wouldn't have some until mid September. My other 2 orders from them slipped really quickly, too. I'd give them a call to see what's going on. I've had nothing but good experiences frm them.

Sonja

Did you place the order online? I wanted to do that and then had so much trouble with their website that I called. And guess what? Online they showed the chicks as "available" and when I called they postponed them for a week, saying they don't have any of the reds I wanted. So if I were you I'd give them a call and ask.

I ordered my chicks and received them on the next Friday, they called and gave me eta and confirmation. I found them very easy to work with and all my chicks came healthy and happy.

Yeah, it was online. I had heard nothing but good things about them from a few folks, and so I figured it was some mess up here. Shoot.
hmm.png

I ordered online and they gave me the delivery date right away. They told me August 27th was the shipping date and 7:30 the next morning my post office called to say they were there. I was very surprised to get them so quickly because I am in PA and they are in TX. I ordered them August 4th I believe and the 27th was the date they had all my different chicks available. I think you probably have to call if you want them right away because sometimes it takes a couple weeks for them to have all the breeds you want and I don't think the online availability is always current.
My chicks all arrived in good shape and ate and drank right away. I was very happy with my order from them and thought they were easy to deal with.
Michele

I love Ideal. I ordered 4 pullets from them this past spring and ordered four banties last Friday. Both times I checked out they gave me a date right then and there of when my order would be shipped and then I also got an email stating the same thing. Spring I only ordered 4, but they sent 16(for heating) and so I just gave away the extras. With first time chicken owner I had I a lot of questions I emailed them about and the lady was very friendly and answered ALL my silly questions. Even said if I had any more that I could email her and she would be glad to answer any and all of them. Last time the chicks hatched on the 23rd and I had them the 24th. But I am only an hour away from them. This time they will hatch on the 10th and Im sure I'll get them the very next day.

I might would call them or even email them and see whats going on..

I ordered from Ideal about a week before they came. They were set to be delivered on Sept. 5th but came on the 4th instead. It was around 5:30 am. I ordered 6 Golden Sebrights (straight run), 6 White Silkies (straight run), 1 RIR, 1 BR, 1 BA, and 1 EE (all pullets). Ideal also gave us an extra White Silkie packing peanut. We also got an email saying that our order was sent and they asked if we wanted to get the Grogel. We decided to get it (my dad and I) and it worked pretty great. The chicks loved it and I think it gave them an extra boost, especially for the Sebrights since they're so small.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, I orderd sometime last month when they were available and after emailing 2X for a delivery date I called to get it, they got here last week. 1 duckling was DOA and one duckling and a guinea died within the first 2 hours. I emailed them about the 2 ducklings and I never heard back. I guess its just my loss. However last spring I had orderd and they forgot to put in 5 chicks and one duck was DOA then too but they promptly refunded. Im not sure if maybe ducklings just dont travel as well or what but all My chicken chicks have been healthy and active.

When ordering online from Ideal you must CAREFULLY go through their ordering process step by step, Including the one that says "DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON OR ALL INFORMATION WILL BE LOST" This is very true and you have to follow closely until the very very end Once your order is complete you should recieve an ETA email from them that will
1. confirm your order has been recieved
2. confirm your order has been scheduled.
They usually ship on Weds. and I know my orders have always arrived on Friday Both times I ordered my order went out as scheduled although the second time I ordered I goofed somewhere on the online ordering and they never received my order so I had to go back and order again, knowing I would lose weeks in scheduled delivery time based on there AVAILABILITY INFORMATION on the site. I was surprised when I finally got my end of the order right to get an email stating they would ship approx. two weeks sooner than what the availability info suggested. Apparently order cacellations happen frequently enough that my order got bumped up in the queue.I think my assortment lacked a good mixture because of this fact but still I got a pretty good selection and all were healthy and have been growing well.
If you have any problems I would not hesitate to call them (this is how I found out my order didn't go through) Their staff is super to work with. Very efficient and know their stuff and even have a pretty good idea of what is/isn't truly available at any given time.
I think I picked up a cancellation of some RIR with my second order as my "assortment" had quite a few of these in it but I did get my Turkens ( OMG they love their neck massages!!) and my Polish ( including 2 WCBP and possibly a RCR!!!!
fl.gif
(Still waiting on the crest to develop better to identify what color it will ultimately be) and BR's just fine.
And the Dominatrix Society ( 7 Dominiques I picked up at the local feed and seed that were 2 weeks when I got them also came from Ideal and they are a happy healthy fat old group at 7 weeks old now and huge and doing great! Including Silver the roo who is just the greatest! Sweet and gentle and very attentive to his girls already. Here is a pic of him from last week He is standing right beside the quart sized feeder so you get an idea of how big he is at 6 weeks!
100_0528.jpg

If you haven't received a confirmation email from them within 24 hours of placing your online order, chances are something happened and they did'nt get it. I would get onto the phone or email them about it A.S.A.P.

ETA Sorry for my punctuation/ lack thereof and or run on sentences! My brain is tired and I am off to bed! mY MOST SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO ALL TEACHERS OUT THERE FOR MY BAD BAD SENTENCE STRUCTURES TONIGHT!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom