Ideal Poultry americaunas

I found some pictures of the EEs I had from Ideal earlier in the year. They are fairly young in these pictures...not even 20 weeks yet. I forgot about having the dark one. A hawk got her before she started laying. If I get a chance I'll snap some pictures of the ones I currently have. They are completely different colors than these two.

Two Ideal EE hens with a Blue Swedish duck.

Ideal EE with Lavender Orp and Black Swedish duck

Ideal EE with Lav Orps

Ideal EE with Ideal Welsummer

Love those hens...they are beautiful. I really like your dark colored ee...I would love one like that. Mine are 3 different shades with different interesting lacings. One pullet has a lot of light gray feathers mixed with her browns which makes for an interesting look. My Ideal RIR have all turned out nicely, as well. Very beautiful, friendly hens. As for orpingtons...yours are beautiful... we have one buff we love, and a whole lotta eggs in the bator of different colors I ordered from from here and ebay...blue,black, lavender, and lemon cuckoo...hope they hatch:).

I have 2 that I received September of this year no problems whatsoever very nice mild mannered birds. one has green legs the other has slate.

This is going to be a bit pic heavy! This morning I snapped some pictures of the 4 Ideal EEs I currently have. They won't be 20 weeks until the end of December, so I'm not sure about egg color, size or frequency, but I'm guessing that when they do start to lay it will be comparable to the last Ideal EE in my laying flock- she gave me a blue egg every day.

First the white EE, Snowbell:

With an Ideal White Cochin

With a guinea.

Headshot and profile.

Ideal white EE and behind her another Ideal EE

These are the 3 other Ideal EEs. Two are almost identical while the other is the same color but with more black. Some of their feathers are a little ragged. I have one guinea that only picks on these 3 for some reason. I'm planning to move him to another enclosure soon.

Behind her buddy, a Buff Orp cockerel (not from Ideal).

I did not know you could get white EE's from Ideal. I would like a couple of those, of course. When I get a new camera I'll have to post pics of my Ideal EE's...they are beautiful...at least to me they are.

Thank you for all the help! I appreciate all of you giving me your knowledge of these birds! I found a local on Craigslist selling some EEs and i am sure they came from Ideal. If you have any more comments or advice please keep posting because others are going to want to use your expirience as well!!! Thanks again!

preston c.....did you end up getting your EE's from Ideal? I am curious b/c I just put in an order and wonder what I can expect. Although, the surprise is partially why I ordered them. I have LF light brahmas and wanted to be able to leave everyone free range while only hatching out brahma eggs so hopefully they all lay colored so I can tell the difference since that was my original intent, oh well only time will tell :)

I got my first Ideal EE pullet's egg today. I'm not sure which one of the ladies laid it, but it was a nice suprise: It is a beautiful blue. Here it is between Speckled Sussex and Orpington eggs.

Back
Top Bottom