Ideal Poultry New Olive Eggers

Just over 7 weeks and Hazel has all her feathers in. Hoping her beard/muffs fill in a bit more as she gets older. If their anything like Silkies, this can take several months. I am really liking her coloring, almost a copper color base.šŸ˜Š
Her brood mate Violet is feathering in nicely, too. Still can not tell if Violet is male or female.šŸ¤£View attachment 3272749View attachment 3272750View attachment 3272752View attachment 3272751
My two olive eggers are exactly 3 weeks old now. I need to get some better pics to post. Looks a lot like yours..... One of them was the typical chipmunk coloring at birth and one was completely brown. They are both feathering up pretty much the same, but the solid brown is a tad darker. Both have the copper look to them - can't wait.

Here are my almost 4 week old OEs I received from Ideal. The first 3 photos are of the one that had the classic chipmunk pattern. I would almost believe that she is mixed with Welsummer rather than Barnevelder, but who knows. She is feathering up with salmon chest and coppers on her head and body. Has the face fluff.
The second set of 3 photos are of the one that had a solid brown coloring with a greyish undercoat. She is feathering up a darker brown with a tan chest and neck feathers. Does not appear to have face fluff.
I am saying they are both she, I'm pretty sure the color patterns are female on both.

Attachments

• OE1.jpg
    OE1.jpg
    710.6 KB · Views: 7
  • OE2.jpg
    OE2.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 6
  • OE6.jpg
    OE6.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 7
  • OE4.jpg
    OE4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • OE3.jpg
    OE3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • OE5.jpg
    OE5.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 6
Here is my OE from Ideal. She looks almost identical to my Welsummer., except her orange coloring is more yellowish around the neck. No beard or muffs, modified pea comb. I am praying she lays Oliveā€¦sheā€™s about 14 weeks now.

View attachment 3283295
See, this is why I believe that they are not only mixed with Barnevelder as the brown egg layer, they used to use Welsummer and I believe they still do because my OE is feathering up exactly like my Welsummer (they are same age). The only difference is the OE is a tad larger and has the pea comb and cheek fluff so far.

See, this is why I believe that they are not only mixed with Barnevelder as the brown egg layer, they used to use Welsummer and I believe they still do because my OE is feathering up exactly like my Welsummer (they are same age). The only difference is the OE is a tad larger and has the pea comb and cheek fluff so far.
Agree. I think they are still producing the Welsummer mixes as well as the newer Barnevelder mixes. šŸ˜Š

I can't wait to see some eggs! ā¤ļø
Me too!
And it works for me because the way both of my OEs are feathering up, it would appear I might have one of each! šŸ„°
Lucky you! I bought mine from Ideal specifically because it said they were breeding with Barnevelders and I have never owned one, but I donā€™t mind, just hoping I get a green egg!

Me too!

Lucky you! I bought mine from Ideal specifically because it said they were breeding with Barnevelders and I have never owned one, but I donā€™t mind, just hoping I get a green egg!
I have a couple Barnevelders and now a Welsummer, so getting a mix of either one of those is fine by me. But same! I just want some pretty green eggs šŸ¤ž

Back
Top Bottom