Ideal Poultry New Olive Eggers

Pics

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
9 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
Does anyone out there have the new “Olive Eggers” from Ideal Poultry? They are half Barnevelder and half Easter Egger. Just picked up three from a local seller who had some shipped over to the Big Island.
They look a lot like Barnevelders but they have little muffs and beards. At least two of the three that I bought do. Looks like two of them have pea combs at this age, and one has a modified pea comb, will likely all have modified pea combs as they mature. Their coloring is very uniform between all three of them despite being half Easter Egger.
I’m keeping one and the other two are going to a friend. Wondering if anybody has any of these as adults and what they look like, what kind of eggs you’re getting and what is their egg production? Just curious. They’re actually very cute. These guys are two weeks old today.😊
412EC293-65B6-4382-998F-9F4E4977C06D.jpeg
2C6A4953-62C0-4CB4-BE57-43DAF1B378A2.jpeg
DCADF5F9-E830-45D6-9BD8-2D0662BB63A9.jpeg
533755B9-33A2-4385-80A4-C1908B28325C.jpeg
BA65E9BB-CBB3-4B74-B1C2-49987BA0AD80.jpeg
E51687EC-60F3-4CC4-ABAA-E970FF67E011.jpeg

Does anyone out there have the new “Olive Eggers” from Ideal Poultry? They are half Barnevelder and half Easter Egger. Just picked up three from a local seller who had some shipped over to the Big Island.
They look a lot like Barnevelders but they have little muffs and beards. At least two of the three that I bought do. Looks like two of them have pea combs at this age, and one has a modified pea comb, will likely all have modified pea combs as they mature. Their coloring is very uniform between all three of them despite being half Easter Egger.
I’m keeping one and the other two are going to a friend. Wondering if anybody has any of these as adults and what they look like, what kind of eggs you’re getting and what is their egg production? Just curious. They’re actually very cute. These guys are two weeks old today.😊View attachment 3231167View attachment 3231168View attachment 3231170View attachment 3231171View attachment 3231172View attachment 3231169
Wow, cute chicks Jane! I haven't heard about these guys yet! Though I'll admit that I haven't really been keeping up with chicken news as a whole.

Anyhow, don't have any of these cuties myself, but following to see if anyone else does!

Wow, cute chicks Jane! I haven't heard about these guys yet! Though I'll admit that I haven't really been keeping up with chicken news as a whole.

Anyhow, don't have any of these cuties myself, but following to see if anyone else does!
Thanks! 🥰
I’ll use this thread to post updates as well.
Apparently this Olive Egger “recipe” replaces the Welsummer/EE mix they had previously due to many of them being flighty, or so I have read.😊

This is Judy, our 3 week old Oliver egger chick from ideal. Im following to see if anyone posts a pic of one as an adult 😁
Awesome!🥰 Mine, still to be named, is 3 weeks old too! Her sibs went to their new home today. So I only have this one left with her Silkie mix buddy!
Please post photos of Judy here as she grows, too!😊

733B6552-236C-46B0-818E-AC10A2FCF885.jpeg
3A330E71-5923-4795-BD1B-36C78DC8A4B9.jpeg

I've ordered 2 of them and will get them next week! Cute, I am looking forward to seeing how mine look, too. I have 2 Barnevelders already, so I thought a Barnevelder mix would be a nice add to my flock - and green eggs (hopefully) can't beat that :)
I'll be posting pics!
I've never had Barnevelders. How do you like them?😊
I did find a photo on line that were supposedly all from this cross. There is a chance of them laying brown, but it should be a nice copper color if so:
1661784737531.png

I've never had Barnevelders. How do you like them?😊
I did find a photo on line that were supposedly all from this cross. There is a chance of them laying brown, but it should be a nice copper color if so:
View attachment 3239969
They are beautiful and healthy, I love the lacing. I think one may be a partridge rock or a hatchery quality lacing, but she is beautiful nonetheless. They are only 20 weeks old, so they are not laying yet - I can't wait to see the colors. As far as personality, they are a little snooty lol. They do not like to be held, but will tolerate it. They are very docile and nice little things, but sociable they are not. I am hoping once they start laying will change a lot, I know my Andalusian became a completely new bird once she started laying. She was so flighty and avoided me at all costs until she was around 1 years old. After that, she was my best yard buddy and was the first to run to me any time I was outside. She would follow me all over the place. So I am hopeful they will mature a bit.

Back
Top Bottom