IDEAL Poultry selling an overage assortment of Silkies!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sparrow, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I got a call from Ideal today and they are trying to sell off 100 Silkies, all assorted colors. I guess they hatched too many and need to find people to buy groups of them. I couldn't take any of them...breaks my heart to say no.....but I just thought I would mention it here, too, so maybe the litt;e babies will have a chance.

I think it's not against the rules for me to post this, I certainly don't work for Ideal or anything, I just want to help out the chickies if I can. [​IMG]

2. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

why did ideal call you??? Just being nosey??

Charlie

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    If your a regular buyer from them, they usually call or e-mail you what they have available. Usually these are available to ship only on one certain date. They informed me about the silkies as well. Too bad I can't get any. [​IMG]

4. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok that answer that question.. [​IMG]

Thanks
    Charlie

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Can you tell what the price(s) were?

6. Sparrow

Apr 11, 2008
    I guess they called me because...I'm special?? [​IMG] Kidding of course. I received an order from them a week ago, and I just placed another order today, so I guess they figured they would hit me up or some more chicks. Rrr...I almost never refuse to take in animals in need, I do a lot of rescues and things...so it is really bothering me not to call them back and tell them I can take some babies!!

7. Sparrow

Apr 11, 2008
    Well my cell phone reception was bad and the ducks were quacking at the top of their lungs, but they said either .85 or 1.85 per chick. I think it was .85 cents!

8. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Wow...wish they'd have e-mailed me! hehe

9. Sparrow

Apr 11, 2008
    Call them tomorrow! [​IMG] I think they would sell them to non-regular customers too. I highly doubt they could have found buyers for all of them today.

10. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I get e-mails from them often with deals, etc. Just not this kind. :-(

Thanks, though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by