Ideal Poultry

All of our regular birds we get are great from them and we love ours. Even our local feed store gets chicks from them. Now our meat birds we had a problem with, but we think it was the batch. Plus they are within driving distance for me. Very nice people at the hatchery!

I'm a big, big, BIG fan of Ideal. Great to work with and excellent birds. I've bought directly from them and also through my local Atwoods (their birds are Ideal birds). Good prices too.

I got ducks, chickens, and guineas from them last year. I assume my turkeys are also Ideal, as they came from Atwoods. Will probably do the same this year.

I just posted on my other thread regarding our recent delivery from them. While we did have some issues (4 died, a crossbeak, and one with an eye problem), they immediately returned my call this morning and gave us our choice of a refund or replacements. Since replacements would have had to be shipped with a bunch of extras, we chose refund, but they were very quick and helpful resolving the problem. We'll order from them again.

I got my Silkies from them, ordered seven and all but one was a cockerel!! The little pullet, 9 months now is beautiful but had to get rid of 5!!! I don't think that's a fair number of random males per order, do you? Maybe we got the batch where they had sexed some and put the males back in?

BUT... have to say the little pullet is a beauty, can't complain about that!
ya.gif

We did order from them once. We had a couple that were doa and then another that died that day. They were very nice about sending replacement chicks or money back, but we haven't ordered from them again. Not that we wouldn't ever, we've just had better luck with McMurray.

My friend and I have ordered from them! I only got a small number but they are all great! My friend has ordered around 150 -200 birds from them and never had dead baby or any die later! I love them!

I had 5 orders from Ideal last year one of just large fowl, 3 bantam orders, and a duck order. Not a single DOA with any of my orders. The only issued I had was one had minor cross beak and one had only 3 toes (didn't even notice til it was 2 weeks old; ran around just fine). Other than that they all have grown up nice and strong and laying very well. I have one fairly large order coming on the 29th that is a mix of sorts, I have a few people that I am raising their chicks for them since I have the time and space. I'll be curious if I'll be able to tell them all apart this time. I may need everyones help to figure them all out. Except for my little EE boy, they said they would mark him from the rest, since he is staying with me!
My Order (that I can't wait to get):
Pullets- 1 Ideal 236, 1 Production Black, 1 Blue Hamburg, 1 Golden Lakenvelder, 1 Black Sex Link, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Naked Necks, 5 Ameraucanas (EE's), 1 Delaware, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes, 4 Buff Rocks, 2 Partridge Rocks
Rooster- 1 Ameraucana (EE)
Bantams- 25 Assorted Silkies
Ducks- 1 Blue Swedish, 1 Snowy Mallard
Geese- 1 Gray Saddleback Pomeranian

My chicks from Ideal will be two weeks old tomorrow. I received 25 and all of them are healthy and growing like weeds. I would not hesitate to buy from Ideal again. Prices were right and customer service was great. My local feed store gets their chicks from Ideal also.

Back
Top Bottom