Ideal SOLD OUT til may

Hi folks me again,
I got my chicks on the 27th of feb. from Ideal. All lived and are doing well. Picked them up at the po 6:30 am when they arrived. Was set up with food and water. Chicks to come are from Ideal.
My comment about the dominiques and marans looking similar was because I am worried I got all dominiques and I really want marans. Perhaps they just look alike as chicks? Oh well it won't be the worst thing that happened.
They're all alive and chirping. After only a 11/2weeks they're doing pretty good. Jumping up and roosting on the edge of the brooder. I'm using bins from walmart 90 quart size.
Well have a nice day.
Rancher

I had a bit of a panic when I saw that on their website. But the good news is that I put my order in late last night and I rec'd an email with a shipping date of 4/22 this morning. Hooray!!!

I looked at at least 15 hatcheries this year before choosing Ideal. I ordered from MPC last year (first time ordering chickens) and they were great but didn't have all of the breeds I wanted this year.

I like the way that you can order without a minimum per breed. They had a really good selection too. I was disappointed that there were no Speckled Sussex available since that was what my 8 year old specifically requested as her chicken.

Quote:
Welcome Rancher!

welcome-byc.gif

I've had chickens for about 10 months now. I love watching them. The eggs are great too. I've been giving eggs away but I'm going to sell some (hopefully) for the first time tomorrow.

Hi me again, the other breed I'm expecting is Buckeye. I'd specifically like to try chickens that brood. I also am looking at rare farmyard breeds. I think it is ashame that these breeds are not desired and I can see that many breeds only exist due to incubators.
I've ordered 2pullets and one rooster in each of the four breeds previously mentioned. Has anyone tried hatching with brooders of these breeds or any others?
I've read that some breeders keep Silkies just for brooding other birds eggs. Is this true?
If I get hens that brood should I cull those that don't? Then continue to breed only those that brood to get consistant brooder of the breed?
What affect does a rooster have in developing consistant brooders of the breed? Do some roosters produce better brooders? Genetically speaking?
I just hate to think of the instinct to brood being lost forever.
It seems that the "Holland" breed is lost except for the "barred holland". Does anyone have information about Hollands other than barred hollands? Hollands were a "developed". Does anyone know of anything being done to redevelope them again?
Am I posting this right? Seems like chicken people are pretty nice. Must be a side effect from having chickens.
Thanks Rancher

My comment about the dominiques and marans looking similar was because I am worried I got all dominiques and I really want marans. Perhaps they just look alike as chicks? Oh well it won't be the worst thing that happened.

They are identical other than the comb. Check your comb to verify that you received Marans.

Teri

Ideal Poultry

Quote:
This is so cool that someone from Ideal is also a posting member on BYC- Now- When you all have the extra , extra overruns and special deals - YOu know we are expecting to hear about them first !!! LOL

Quote:
The Cuckoo Marans are definately a broody breed. They seem to want to sit all the time. I have a Wyandotte who goes broody too and one Rhode Island Red(production type) that never goes broody.
Some are bred to lose their broodiness because when they are broody there are no eggs.

Well now I can see a slight difference in the comb, I have 3 n 3. Which is which? One set seem to hava flatter comb than the others. As for the legs they all have some black on them.

I also have 3 Silver Wyandottes, should there be some gold on the tops of their heads?

Thanks Rancher

Back
Top Bottom