Ideal SOLD OUT til may

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by BellLisamo, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    good gosh is it ever easter season or what! holy crap!!! am i the only one who noticed this?

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:If you really want chicks from them, call them and get put on their waiting list.

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

isn't that nuts? I wonder if more people are ordering to be more self sufficient in the economy we have right now.

4. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I live in Texas, so naturally I was gonna order from Ideal. Except all the breeds I wanted were sold out until May, so I ordered from Cackle.

5. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    I think it is a quality control issue they are working on fixing....

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I also had to order from cackle and hope they are as good but i still have to wait till March 30th for my Jerseys. I guess everything is selling really quick.

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Oh and Ideal supplies a lot of the farm and ranch stores in Texas and Oklahoma, possibly Arkansas too and no telling who else. Sos, ya'll are competing with them for chicks about this time too. [​IMG]

8. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry. I have an order from them coming next week. One of the breeds I had wanted was sold out until April with the option of being notified when it would be available. I got put on their waiting list for the Feather Legged Cuckoo Marans and I got an email 4 or 5 days later telling me to call and add them to my order. So maybe if you ask to be notified it really won't mean that you have to wait until May! [​IMG] It would be worth a try.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

They told a co-worker of mine that & she ordered anyway. The chicks were delivered Tuesday!

10. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    wow, it was like everything i looked at was sold out.
    i ordered from cackle before, and were pleased with them.... may look at them again. i want some crested ducks, but want to find the cheapest ones....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by