Ideas for what to put baby chickens in.

Coroplast is wonderful. It can be gotten at home depot or lowes. That zip ties or duct tape. I advise wire ties. as they are easy to remove when u need to expand the brooder area. I used card board boxes for a week or two and then switched to coroplast, is just so much easier to scoop the litter out of, plus its slick and very water resistant if water gets spilled. Last night i expanded mine again for five week old chicks, I just cut my zip ties , scored where i needed the folds punched a couple holes for the wire ties and it was expanded in just a couple minutes..Its easy to use and holds up better than cardboard. M

My daughters friend has guinea pigs and she uses this for their cage so thats how i got the idea. Look up coroplast guinea pig cages and u see how people fit pieces for large box like cages. It also easy to attach screen to the top. just hole punch and zip tie hardware wire over it leave one end unzip tied to get in there easy so u just lift it up to replace food and water..

Coroplast is wonderful. It can be gotten at home depot or lowes. That zip ties or duct tape. I advise wire ties. as they are easy to remove when u need to expand the brooder area. I used card board boxes for a week or two and then switched to coroplast, is just so much easier to scoop the litter out of, plus its slick and very water resistant if water gets spilled. Last night i expanded mine again for five week old chicks, I just cut my zip ties , scored where i needed the folds punched a couple holes for the wire ties and it was expanded in just a couple minutes..Its easy to use and holds up better than cardboard. M

My daughters friend has guinea pigs and she uses this for their cage so thats how i got the idea. Look up coroplast guinea pig cages and u see how people fit pieces for large box like cages. It also easy to attach screen to the top. just hole punch and zip tie hardware wire over it leave one end unzip tied to get in there easy so u just lift it up to replace food and water..
That's actually genius.. I'm going to add that to my list of cheap DIY cages. Thanks!

my chicks made of mess of water. so u couldnt even lift the cardboard cause it will fall through the bottom. with coroplast u can actually lift the entire thing as long as it is not wider than you door and carry it outside or to the garage to scoop it out and dust it out real good...However i will warn that is the easy part. Just do not do like i did and put all the chicks in the bathroom floor. OMG when i was done and it wasn't long to clean it all out and expland it and refill its litter. they had my bathroom floor a complete mess..I shoulda put them in the bathtub LOL ohhh my the bathroom floor was poop covered I actually looked at it and held my head and said WTH did I just do LOL

Back
Top Bottom