Ideas on Discouraging Neighbor Dogs

I don't believe a paintball shot at a dog will kill it, but it would feel it and surely mark it. If there have been previous issues with a dog or whatever, I would shoot it with a paintball if I had one. I wonder if that would be construed as cruelty to animals?

Well, you did quote his post. ;)

Mabye suggest some hot fence for their dog yard?
They're renters so I'm doubtful they'll take the advice but I'll definitely mention it to them. It's not just my birds at risk whenever they escape. They don't have much further to go before they'll be on the road, so the risks are plentiful to everyone.

I'm still looking at cattle prods to use as a deterrent if I'm outside but I know that's not going to do anything if I'm not here. It's possible that it won't do much whenever I am here. I had absolutely no impact whenever I was outside before so who knows. If they don't get close enough to touch them, it's pointless so electric fencing looks like the most effective deterrent

Pellet gun?
My daughter has a BB gun (my Dad and I were left shocked at my daughter's shooting since it was her first experience. She was hitting a target at over 73 foot away) but I don't want BB's in the chickens area for them to eat and possibly make them sick. I may be wrong in thinking that could cause harm but I don't want to risk it. Thank you for the time and input though

Back
Top Bottom