Ideas to Upgrade my Chicken Coop and Chicken Boredom Busters

MegsEggsx

Songster
Nov 24, 2020
Australia, QLD
I have a bit on time on my hands at the moment and decided I wanted to decorate my chicken coop and their yard area with some things that can keep them entertained. We built the coop ourselves and at the time we were only planning on have 4-6 chickens but we fell in love with them and have ended up with 10; 6 bantams, 4 standard. I let them free range from about 9-4 every day, but occasionally I have to leave them inside the run, especially now because my 3 silkies are in the process of transitioning to being allowed to free range and I can’t leave them in and lock the others out especially in the morning while they are laying. I don’t have a huge coop (6m sq) so sometimes they can get a little bored and take it out of each other. So I thought I should put some things in the coop and maybe around the yard for them to play with. Does anyone have any ideas for chicken boredom busters or stuff you have used in the past? Also diy is best for me. Pictures would be great! Thanks in advance!

It’s an old pic but a 4x4, some shelf brackets and 2x3 or 2x4s make a nice tree 👍🏼
105C5E01-40E1-4062-B567-D1C9DCCDF950.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom