Idel hatchery Users!I need Help please.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 5Chickens, Mar 17, 2008.

1. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    Ok i am going to order about 14 chicks from Ideal and How Many Packing Peanuts do you think they will send?And Also if I order Today and the date on the site says "Limited Availability" 4/9/08 will I get my chicks on that day or later or will I get them before that time.Sorry If it confusing but I have a break the 5-13 of april and i would like to have them Arrive during that time.So Any help!Thanks!

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Call them and ask...they are very helpful in the customer service department.
    I have used them and been very happy!

Good luck.

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    They package according to the weather. There's really no way to predict how many "peanuts" you're going to get. [​IMG]

4. 5Chickens

Dec 13, 2007
    Thank you Both!Any More help is appreciated also!

Thanks Guys.[​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, probably depends on what they have and the weather to how many peanuts you'll be getting. Might not be getting any. As for ship date, you'll have to put your list together and they will tell you later when your expected ship date will be.

6. 5Chickens

Dec 13, 2007
    Ok.Because i don't mind having Peanuts with my shipment.If I don't like them I can sell them.But I couldn't since they are too cute.

7. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    I am still trying to learn from the "Chicken Dictionary"...

Whats a Peanut?

- Tommy

8. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    There not always "up to date" on there availabilty but if you order and put in the comment box that you would like them shipped when they are all available, the wait 1-2 days and call them they will tell you when they can be shipped out. Or you can simply call them and ask when all are availble that you would like to order.

9. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That is when they put in extra chicks for warmth reasons. Most times they end up being roosters, but sometimes you get lucky and get hens.

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Last May I ordered 16 bantams from ideal and they didn't send me any packing peanuts [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by