Identify ducks

merca126

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2015
Hi!

My sister called me today telling me two ducks and a chicken were pecking/knocking on her glass door at her work! They gave them some crackers and got them secure. They are on an extremely busy road.
They are very friendly. I have them in a secure spot on my farm for the night. I have Pekins and Muscovies and I have no idea what breed these are… any ideas? I’m wondering if they are three males that maybe someone dumped? Or perhaps they are just lost. Does anyone know what they are? Perhaps a mix?
Thanks!

732E0999-53C4-4A8D-8112-F2DAAE0FC004.jpeg

Hers the whole crew this am. They are VERY friendly. Come right to you and don’t mind being picked up. The two ducks are male because I just listened to their voices. Sound just like my male pekins. And the chicken is still peeping like a baby. When I go to rehome.. should I say they are khaki Campbell mixes maybe?
F64E2DEB-6089-4884-870E-A94EA24C1181.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B139E40-C1AA-4F56-B2C3-72A13C6D8F29.jpeg
    4B139E40-C1AA-4F56-B2C3-72A13C6D8F29.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 3
I would say they are pure Khaki Campbell. Look like mine, which even though I've had since they were a week old, think I am a horrible monster that must be tolerated because I bring food!

If the chicken is still peeping but has that much comb growth, I'd be tempted to say young cockerel.

I would say they are pure Khaki Campbell. Look like mine, which even though I've had since they were a week old, think I am a horrible monster that must be tolerated because I bring food!

If the chicken is still peeping but has that much comb growth, I'd be tempted to say young cockerel.
The thing I’m confused about with the chicken… doesn’t it look like a red sex link? And aren’t the red ones female?

I honestly know next to nothing about chickens, despite having a bunch of them! They are mostly my daughter's, except for the Old English Bantam that reside with me in my trailer (I have a very cramped home right now, lol!). Chicken genetics and all the crazy amount of breeds are enough to make my head want to go POP!

Back
Top Bottom