Identify the breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Untrained, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Untrained

Untrained In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2019
    Hey y’all trying to identify the breeds and if anyone can tell if I’ve got males or females.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

SurferchickinSB likes this.
  2. Untrained

Untrained In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2019
    Better shots of that one. I’m really not sure what’s going on with this ones feather growth haha. Hot mess.

Attached Files:

3. Untrained

Untrained In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2019
    I think the white one is a Blue Americana. That’s the only one I’m aware of.

4. MotherHen75

MotherHen75 Songster

Dec 18, 2018
    South Carolina
    1-4 pics i think are hens, not sure of breeds. 5th pic is a frizzle unsure of gender. 6th pic looks to be a barred rock female. 7th may be a silver laced cochin, again unsure of gender. Could you snap some more pics of the tails and combs? I’m not sure the breed or gender of the last one

5. MotherHen75

MotherHen75 Songster

Dec 18, 2018
    South Carolina
    Lol! It looks like you got a cockerel there! A frizzle at that!

tuesdaylove likes this.
  6. Untrained

Untrained In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2019
    Oh no! Lol. I love the frizzle haha. Out of the 6 that one is my favorite haha. Super nice demeanor. Loves to be held and pet. Bold personality the other ones follow its lead so when that pecks food from my hand it usually leads the others into it. It was also the first one that would run up to me and let me hold it.

Ugh. I’m sad it likely is a male though. I’m still going to keep it likely just because I don’t have a cockerel in my flock. I’ve been pretty lucky. 16 birds and only 1 potential is a cockerel.

The photos of the frizzle chickens are hilarious. Love it!

MotherHen75 likes this.
  7. RoostersAreAwesome

RoostersAreAwesome Free Ranging

May 21, 2017
    1- easter egger
    2- faverolle
    3- frizzled cochin
    4- I'm thinking marans. Leg color?
    5- cochin
    6- not sure
    7- frizzled cochin

8. rascal66

rascal66 Songster

Sep 10, 2015
    Washington
    The white with blue head looks like an Easter Egger. 2nd one with feathered feet and beard looks like a faverolle..

9. Violetsrblu

Violetsrblu Songster

Jul 24, 2013
    Lakeland, TN
    Beautiful chickens! The 1st looks like an Easter Egger hen. 6th looks like a Barred Rock hen. Not sure of the others, but you do have a frizzle, maybe a Cochin?

10. tuesdaylove

tuesdaylove Songster

Mar 3, 2012
    Georgia
    #1 looks like an Easter egger pullet.
    #2 also looks like a pullet, but not sure of breed. Perhaps EE, or Faverolle?
    #3 is a Frizzle cockerel.
    #4 I can't quite tell; can you get a better picture of the comb? It could be a barred rock, but looks a little too dark. Other options are a Cuckoo Maran or a Dominique (which has a rose comb).
    #5 not sure about the breed, but is a cockerel.
    #6 also can't tell the breed, but is probably a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: