Identify this Chick?

LaLoomis

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
This is the free chick I got from MM. He is about three weeks old and is already a feisty bugger. He started out yellow and gray and his feathers are coming in black and white. He has some pretty distinct bands on his wings so far. It looks like he has a rose comb. He's a little on the small side. I'm including a picture of him next to a black austrolorp chick of the same age to show the difference in size.

Any ideas?
Thanks

21113_front.jpg

21113_side.jpg

21113_scale.jpg

Quote:
I thought he might be a bantam. He's about twice as big as two OEGBs I have though, but definitely smaller than the standard chicks.

Edited:

I just checked Murry McMurry's chick photo for the Silver Sebright. He looked just like that. I think Silver Sebright is the winner. Thanks for the quick ID.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
My guess too. Also.. It looks like you have a cockerel.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know anything about Seabrights but his comb has recently gotten bigger and redder, and he has always been a bit of a bully even though he's one of the smallest.

Quote:
I keep changing my mind. I just looked at the description of the silver spangled hamburg and now that seems more accurate than the seabright.

The Hamburgs have the wing banding like my chick and are small standards rather than bantams.

Back
Top Bottom