Identity Crisis

ColFluffnStuff

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Hi all,
I ordered a mix and match bundle of chicks from McMurrays about four months ago, and there are a few breeds that I still can't figure out. What do you guys think?

#2.

male version of #3 (oops McMurray ;-))

#4.

#5 haven't got a good shot of this lady grown-up, but it looks like she's growing a beard. Yikes!

Any help is appreciated.

Hi all,
I ordered a mix and match bundle of chicks from McMurrays about four months ago, and there are a few breeds that I still can't figure out. What do you guys think?

Golden penciled Hamburg pullet
#2.
Easter Egger hen
Silver Leghorn pullet.
male version of #3 (oops McMurray ;-))
Silver Leghorn rooster

#4.
Dominique pullet

#5 haven't got a good shot of this lady grown-up, but it looks like she's growing a beard. Yikes!
Easter Egger

Any help is appreciated.
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you here and nice flock!

Last edited:
I'm mostly with Veer--my first thought on the first bird was campine, though. I guess they have straight combs, and the Hamburgs have rose combs?

I can't see the barred bird's comb well enough to tell if it's a rock or a Dominique.

Last edited:
I'm mostly with Veer--my first thought on the first bird was campine, though. I guess they have straight combs, and the Hamburgs have rose combs?

I can't see the barred bird's comb well enough to tell if it's a rock or a Dominique.
Yep Campines have rosecombs, I thought Campine first as well. I would say Dominique for the barred hen because from what I can see the comb is flat looking which probably means a rosecomb. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom