Roo or Pullet? Opinions, please! Silkie Cross.

Kstory305

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2022
Hi! I am really posting because I cannot believe that I was lucky enough to pick out 3 FEMALE eggs to incubate, successfully hatch and rear into 3 laying hens on my first attempt. 😳
It’s safe to say, 2 out of 3 are in fact ladies, laying healthy sized eggs! I’ve checked tape😜.
My last chicken in question, is my pretty numbered and aptly named Two😂. My sweet set of ‘wildlings’ are a mix between a non bearded crested partridge silkie (mom) and a black sex link Roo (or so I think). They’ll be 6 months old this weekend. Two and Three are almost identical, so my trouble is, I cannot tell which one of these is laying the egg, lol! If Two is a pullet, she must just be a late bloomer… However, in going back to my first statement, I am just not that lucky. Maybe that’s about to change!🙃🍀
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It's a female, and may be a late bloomer, or something else could be going on. The exaggerated comb has me thinking that she could have a damaged ovary, which would account for the lack of eggs and the ginormous comb. Just an idea-- time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom