Identiy theft and your child

3goodeggs

pays attention sporadically
10 Years
May 22, 2009
North Central Florida
Just when everything was going right...
So, it went like this, My son went to open a savings account at our credit union.
They run his social security card and the ChexSystems says that someone in Miami has it and has opened two accounts with it.
The very kind lady at the bank told us that it happens all the time to kids who are just now opening accounts. Their numbers are used because these children have usually not opened an account yet under their name, so the teen's #'s are used most commonly.

So, Go get a savings account open for your kid. Put twenty dollars in. Just make sure that their number is in the system under their name.

The long process of Credit reports and account freezes starts now. I am not looking forward to it.

People are basically good. Some people are wonderful... and some need to be rounded up and put into prison. It only takes one creep to ruin everything. I will try to remember that there are millions of good people for every poop.

Good luck kids.

How do you do that? I just went to freecredit report .com and he can not get one because he is a minor. I assume that is why these creeps are using kids s.s. numbers.

This is going to hurt when it comes time for a student loan or getting his first car. or.. shoot, anything. I want this guy arrested. He opened two separate accounts at the SAME bank under the same name (not my son's name) and THEY filed with the Chexsystems. Why did they not already know it was fraud if they had already been hit? Why didn't they ask for a birth certificate and social security card like our bank did? And it was a BIG bank. No small town credit union. And, day before YESTERDAY! ARUGG!

It has been a long day of 'press three' and 'please say yes or press 1' and I just want to talk with a HUMAN because they are not giving me a choice that I need.

Thank you all.
I am so annoyed by this.
I want to have all of my son's friends go check to make sure they aren't buying a house or something.

Back
Top Bottom