If anyone needs any advice on their waterfowl email me or message me

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooprunbuilder

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
London
I am a professional and I am here to help just email me [email protected] or message me here @ BYC I have set this up to enable people to get professional help direct.
I can also advise on other poultry.

cooprunbuilder, its great that you want to help people with their birds- but the whole idea of a forum is for people from across the country to all be able to share their experiences and knowledge- online on a forum- others can come back even years later and read the thread and gain knowledge from it. If people start emailing you- then it takes away from what hundreds of people can learn - or share - if the questions are asked in private.

I offer professional advice, people on here give advice and it can be miss leading, some people do not want share their problems and want to keep it private and professional, I enjoy the forum more than anyone and it should have a wider section for waterfowl to attract new waterfowl keepers thats what my aim is. I didn't start this by myself people kept emailing me asking for my help and advice from other forums clogging up my private email so this is my I set this up. and this is the best poultry forum on the internet.

Its great to have the option, forum or singular proffesional advice ...just my 2 cents
wink.png

Quote:
A professional what exactly? Just curious.
smile.png

I am a professional in keeping waterfowl I give lectures at university's studying waterfowl I have worked on many projects for saving wild fowl, I work for omlet designing coops etc and just an expert in keeping waterfowl because I have so many myself for years

I think its good you offered your services. But I have to totally agree with Quackking. All knowledge is shared here and you have to admit BYC has both e-mail and PM,s for all private communication. Plus the fact that you live in the UK may not apply to us "yanks"on food and medicines alone just for starters. But I personally love your enthusiasm and
welcome-byc.gif
Shawn

I am a new duck owner & I have to take up for cooprunbuilder here a little bit.
This forum is wonderful, and many people are VERY supportive, but... there are also a lot of people who have a "my way is the only way" attitude. This can often make posting about sensitive topics intimidating - to put it mildly. There are tough choices I have made on my own recently, and may have to make even tougher ones over the next few weeks. After reading posts from people in similar situations and the often overwhelmingly judgmental replies (that often seem to be the majority of responses), while I would love some help from the community, I have not posted for fear of other people making me feel EVEN WORSE than I already do. I agree that there is a need for public info, but I think we all need to be mindful of the fact that some things are personal.
I appreciate that someone with so much experience is willing to take time out of their busy day - we're all busy in this day & age - and answer questions. The forum is also a place for people to find answers of all kinds. With every decision I make, from getting my birds to today about my backyard flock, I study my Storey's guides, articles on the internet & in magazines, Agricultural extension articles & BYC forums. Despite that I have often wished I had someone with years & years of experience who's opinion I could ask as well. I have recently moved & begun my making my homesteading dreams a reality, but in the region I am in I have had a hard time finding local farmers who will even smile at me, nevermind talk to me. (Stoicism runs deep here in New England.) There is no such thing as too much info, and responsible owners need all the help they can get.

I thank you for taking the time out of your day to offer advice to those of us who may want it. I will be emailing you over the next few weeks, unless the situation here in my corner of the world miraculously fixes itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom