If I have to....

Really now! I have a nice routine in caring for the chickens and that routine does not include dealing with snow!
barnie.gif

Now it's my naptime and I can't because I have to wait for the man from the gas company to bring us even more propane.
rant.gif

It is actually my mother's idea. Despite the fact that I am 41 years old, she tends to worry about my safety. You should hear her in tornado season. She is convinced that one day a tornado is going to come and blow me apart.
roll.png
(And while this is a possibility, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it either way!).

So my concession to Mom is to carry a cell phone out to the coops, especially at night. It is a good idea, given that I live in the boondocks!

My hubby just made 8 cookie tin water heaters for less than 4.50 each! Sure beats hauling water every morning before I go to work, then again when I get home.

Remember makin' mud pies as a kid? Well, I've been using little rubber pans for water and turning out the frozen blocks of ice and refilling them a couple of times a day until it warms up enough to go back to useing the regular waterers.
Now I have a pile of "ice pies".
lau.gif

Maybe I can do something with them... I dunno, build an igloo or something.
idunno.gif

I wouldnt go through winter without my cookie tin heaters, they are a life saver. I even made a small one for the rabbit! Still have to carry water but only once in the morning.

There is ice carving competitions for you ice hoarders.
bun.gif

I carry cold water about every other day....I have heated containers. I use dog heated water bowls for the chickens. Way cheaper then the chicken heated waterers by half price.

Back
Top Bottom