If it's possible, how do I delete a post?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by BuffOrps416, Feb 12, 2016.

1. BuffOrps416

BuffOrps416 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, but I was wondering if there is a way to delete a post. Multiple times I have said something that someone already said before, but I don't know what else to put so instead of just writing something like "Oh, sorry, I didn't see someone already put this" or something like that is there a way to just delete a post?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You can't delete one, but you can either edit it, or report it and ask a staff member to delete.

But it's ok to ask questions that have already been asked or to repeat a comment. [​IMG]

3. chixcoop

chixcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2015
    Western Mass
    That's fine! There are many threads that are talking about the same question. Sometimes its easier to start your own new one, asking specific questions.

4. BuffOrps416

Thanks! Good to know.

5. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Hi,
    You can also go back to the post and edit it to just one letter. No explanation, just one letter. Folks will figure it out.
    Best,
    Karen

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Another thing that will help is to watch the lower right side of the screen as you are typing. Sometimes a little box that pops up and it says, "1 New Post". Click on that even while you work on your post and you can read it and either change your answer to reflect something in the new post or just cancel yours before you post it. Works great most of the time....IF you remember to check when that box comes up. Too often I don't. So when I repeat a response, I don't worry about it - I either make a joke about it or ignore that I duplicated.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  8. BuffOrps416

Thanks so much everyone... Very helpful![​IMG]

I'll make sure I remember to check if there's a new post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by