If you are warmer than -58........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AkTomboy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] Please stop whining! [​IMG]

It is -58 this morning! It is only going to get colder and isn’t going to leave until March! I still have all my chores as do you all horses, chickens, alpacas and the other slew of animals I have. You know the routine feed, water, clean hooves, and check over all condition, bla bla bla.

So take a second and bask in the heat wave you are having [​IMG] 0, 16 heck even -30 is time to break out the bathing suits and flip-flops after -58

Hope all is well and that this can bring you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling....that is unless you are colder than here [​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have zipped my lips for the rest of the winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Try and stay warm.....bbbrrrrrrr now that's cold!!!!!!!!

4. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Its -18 in Willow, but drive down the road 20 minutes to Wasilla, and its 18 above. And the wind is blowing an easy 60 mph!!!
    We had 30 below in November, and I HATE doing chores when its that cold [​IMG]

We were silly and went and stayed at a B&B near Delta Junction in November for our anniversary as well.
    Its hard to hunt for bunnies and Ptarmigan in -35.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    It was in the teens here last night, but...

[​IMG]

so I'll stop whining, at least for a little while. [​IMG]

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Yep, way too cold. Do you have a wood stove out in your coops?

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

YUCK!!! Good luck with that! I would come to Alaska,but........I DON'T WANT TO! -58, I would crack!

8. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
  9. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    PaulaJoAnne ~
    I understand the whole wind thing! Out town paper is even called the Delta Wind! I am more than happy to take the -58 over our winds that make it "warmer" Such liars! The people who say it is warmer just don’t have to go out in work in that "warmer" windy weather lol.

Birch Run Farm ~
    Noppers to the wood stove but I do have a flat panel heater on a thermostat in my coop. It is also very well insulated with spay in insulation and then well ventilated as well. So far nothing below 42 in the coop and all birds are doing well.

10. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    -58 ?? Ok. You win.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by