If you bring a show bird into your flock question True or not true?

Thanks for your info BYCers I would have had no idea about any of this or even thought of it, it's kinda scarey to think what one person or chicken can do if you not careful.
I'm glad I found out about some it and I'm just wating for her to get back to me on where, what and whom she gets her vaccs from I will post when she does.

I show too and never have vaccinated them. I bring them home to the un-vacced birds and all is well.
idunno.gif

I am going to hazard a guess and say that the person might have wrongly assumed that her birds died because of being exposed to a vaccinated bird. Perhaps she didn't quarantine it properly before introducing it. Even if a new bird isn't showing symptoms, it might be harboring something nasty that your other birds aren't immune to. Keeping it quarantines for 30 days gives the new bird's body time to shed anything that its body is in the process of fighting. It will also give you the opportunity to monitor it to be sure that when you bought it that it didn't have a disease still in the incubation phase.

JMHO

Quote:
Not true. When your children are vaccinated for polio they are carriers for a month or two (I don't recall the exact timeframe). People with compromised immune systems such as people undergoing chemotherapy should not be exposed to them for risk of contracting polio.

Sorry I meant permanent like Typhoid Mary.

Sorry Again , I took your comment to be accurate, my research shows it is not.

Unfortunately, evidence being accumulated in four different laboratories indicates that it does not. All the evidence collected so far indicates that children immunized with polio vaccine are as likely to carry the living polio virus as are unvaccinated children. Polio vaccination, then, unlike diphtheria vaccination, can only protect the vaccinated person. Therefore, even if polio vaccination were 100 per cent effective, every person would have to be vaccinated in order to control the disease completely.

The vaccines does not create carriers, if they have been and are exposed to the virus, they can become carriers, the vaccine only protects them. "Dr. Florio in the Daily Express (May 16, 1955) even warned that children inoculated with a faulty vaccine may become carriers of the virus."

There have been instances where a bad batch of Vaccine not only created carriers but actual gave the vaccinated children Polio, one such happening is referred to as the CUTTER Incident. It is called that because the vaccine was created Cutter Laboratories in Berkeley, California. This incident happened in 1955.

In immunocompetent children there is no chronic carrier state,

All of the reports that I have now read are concerned about 3rd world countries where immunized children can become carriers when exposed to the virus. The immunization protects them but does not stop them from shedding the virus, for the normal duration, if the children have a normal healthy immune system

Indian Pediatrics 2000;37: 210-214 - This paper brings up the concern that if the child has something like HIV, the vaccine once again seems to protect the child however, since their immune system is compromised, he believes they can become chronic carriers (carry the virus until their own death).

However , I could not find any papers that support your position that the vaccine makes them carries, in that the vaccines gives them the disease, protects them from it and lets them spread it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom