If you could adopt one of these chickens...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Which one would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is number #3 a real breed of chicken? I've heard of naked necks but not an entirely naked bird! I bet the poor thing gets chilly easily. Without a doubt I would choose number #6 though, such a stunning black color!
# 3 is very real, his name is Rudy and he is my chicken, hatched in my incubator his parents are both NN, so genetically he is a NN, but he also has Sc gene which makes him featherless

So are you breeding Rudy, #3, towards increasing the fm And keeping his rare totally unfeathered Really nakedness? How practically wonderful.! Sure not pretty but looks like Rudy makes wonderful meat birds...would love fm eggs from breeding with Rudy incredible to imagine!

1. Everyone's going to go for 6. (Though I do think it's a gorgeous chook) 2. Sounds weird (and probably creepy) but I'd also wonder what a featherless chook would feel like to touch.
Warm, smooth and soft.

He can leave bruises w/ his wing flaps!

Last edited:
Thought they'd feel a bit more rough than smooth (save for the scaly legs) - I notice that that chicken and another breed are listed as turkens. I also saw around the web a genetically engineered chicken that had no feathers (to save plucking it when it's time for it to be slaughtered) - is this the same breed?

This chicken Rudy, is genetically a NN both his parents were NN. Rudy also has a double hit of the Sc gene, making him featherless. If he were ANY other breed of chicken and had a double Sc gene he would be just as naked. The Sc gene is completely natural it is not engineered at all

Back
Top Bottom