Adopting a Quail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evadig

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2023
East Coast and LA
This quail is for adoption at an animal shelter. I don’t have any other quail but I’m considering adopting her. The shelter is pretty close to the city and while a lot of people have large tracts of land, I don’t see much in the way of poultry keeping. Staff thinks she’s about two years old. Do you think it would be a good idea to adopt her?

Attachments

• IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 54
I'm not sure what kind of quail that is. Two years old is rather old for most species of quail, and they are social. Unless you can give this one companions, I don't think it would be a good idea to take her.

I'm not sure what kind of quail that is. Two years old is rather old for most species of quail, and they are social. Unless you can give this one companions, I don't think it would be a good idea to take her.
Okay, thanks!

This quail is for adoption at an animal shelter. I don’t have any other quail but I’m considering adopting her. The shelter is pretty close to the city and while a lot of people have large tracts of land, I don’t see much in the way of poultry keeping. Staff thinks she’s about two years old. Do you think it would be a good idea to adopt her?
That doesn't look like a quail to me.
Can you post a link to the advertisement?

Oooh, she might be an older bobwhite female. Poor thing looks a little skinny :(

Female quail are social animals, so I would get her a companion if you do adopt her. Have you visited the shelter to see her?

Oooh, she might be an older bobwhite female. Poor thing looks a little skinny :(

Female quail are social animals, so I would get her a companion if you do adopt her. Have you visited the shelter to see her?
No I wanted to see what y’all thought first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom