If you could have ANY kind of livestock....

We have had a little bit of everything here over the years. Since 80% have been pets my attention has turned towards the mini's. Less food, less poop. The old food in food out thing.
In the future I have been considering sheep...have never had sheep. And would like to revisit the mini herefords. I had one and still regret selling her.
hit.gif

spectrumranch you wouldnt happen to be looking for help would you?!
im looking to get the heck out of ct with a "zoo" job and your facilities look lovely! (the only animals you have im not comofrtable with is zebra lol) orangutans, gorilla and hyena and wild dog are my faves to work with
tongue.png

ok in my "dream world"

i have my "farm"
on which i want:
chickens of various shapes and sizes, geese, prefrably african and pilgrim, some sebbies too, some smaller turkeys, i like the palms and the boston reds.
id also have a "fancy duck" pen with mandrins or wood ducks.
Goats, most likley nubians, boers and mixes, a couple alpaca, and some pigs, (im inlove with pot bellies and gloster old spots and kune kunes.)
id also want a couple of draft horses. shires, clydes and drums.

now, if i won the millions...
add to that, a pair of hyacinth macaw, green wing macaw, some parrotlets, various conures in some lovely "natrual" looking aviaries.
id also have a small pack of painted/wild dogs, and spotted hyena.
a pack of wolves. Orangutan, gorilla, and gibbons, lions, tigers...well yeah the list goes on...id have a farm AND a zoo...
or own a farm and work part time in a zoo...ideally as a baby raiser and canine keeper...

(i used to work as a general keeper for a private zoo and i miss it SOOO bad, stupid resession!)

Well, I already have what I want. Scottish Highland cattle, mini donkeys, mammoth donkeys, a Haflinger, mini horse, and chickens. I told my DH today I would like to get a few pigs to raise and that's when he put his foot down. He said go ahead but he won't help me do anything with them. I guess I don't need them that bad!.

Well, I have rabbits, and pigeons. Because I can have those in town. However, I would love to have some black minorca, and red cap chickens. A bunch of guineas, geese, and muscovey and peking ducks.
smile.png

We have our horse...and soon a companion for her, who will hopefully be able to drive as well (that would be so cool). I think if I was ever given the choice to choose any livestock in existence, horses would always be foremost on the list. I am especially enamoured with drafts/draft x's, and Spanish arabs.

On our "mini-farm" we are planning to eventually keep alpacas.
smile.png
They make funny noises. We are also looking into geese (Africans all the way, man!) or ducks, and/or peafowl, as part of the whole menagerie. M'mam once expressed a desire to have a small milk cow, but I am unsure if that'll come into fruition.

When I have the space and money in the future, I would just like a small plot of land with room for a pumpkin patch, two horses and of course some chickens (and a guard goose).

Back
Top Bottom