If you could have ANY kind of livestock....

ep.gif
spectrumranch, now THAT is a koi pond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the big jellyfish tank idea.
Speaking of fish, Oscars are also on my "list".

We have raised some Koi- but it has been a challenge- still have lots to learn.

Also--- to everyone with Mini cattle on there list...............we usually have several mini cattle consigned to our auction in February. Which is Feb 25, 26, 27th in Mitchell & Platte, SD. For sale schedule see www.sosranch.net

We raise miniature: Herefords, Lowlines, Longhorns, Zebu, Belted, Dexters and crossbreds.

www.spectrumranch.net or www.sosranch.net

Cadilac.jpg

CadilacwBrutis.jpg

Mini cattle...
th.gif
Definitely someday!!!
A fully trained husband? I thought that was a myth???
wink.png

Quote:
can it have a color changing light on top and bottom of the tank...
the aquarium closest to me has a small jellyfish tube with moonies in and they have a color shift light and its SOOOOO cool watching the jellies just change colors with the light shining through them, i could watch them for HOURS!

its SUPPOSED to be a peacock cichlid tank lol.
but i have an OB (zebra x) and 2 red zebras in there as well, they are well behaved...

Sorry for ignorance, but what are moonies? Jellyfish? I would love to see a pic of that jellyfish tube.
I thought of something else I would like to do though I doubt it comes under the definition of livestock....I would like to find someplace that offers falconry classes.
roll.png
Weird, right? But interesting.

there Moon Jellyfish, those and upsidedown jellyfish tend to be the 2 kept most in captivity, but i dont personally know of anyone privatly owning them myself (though you can buy them they require very specific husbandry tank, filtration current ect...) the moon jellyfish are typically large (up to 12 inches in diameter) opaque jellyfish with a mild sting (about the same as a bee sting) and they are easily identified from above by 4 rings in the center of their dome.

and when you add colored lights to the tank you get cool effects like this
tip_ny_0224_01.jpg

and this!
3444847-Jellyfish-0.jpg

sooo relaxing!

the tube i saw looked alot like this one, the colors shifted slowly so the jellyfish would slowly change form one color to the next...
it was even cooler because the room was low lit with all the walls painted black!

jellyfish-tank.jpg

NOT MY IMAGES

Last edited:
I think I would go for the moonies and the changing light, myself. They're supposed to be long-lived as well.

And I'd probably have another tank for Cassiopeia.

Here's a neat set-up...

How do you embed youtube vids lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom