If you had fifteen minutes to talk about ducks to people who own other livestock, what would you say

I think you are going to go over your alloted time. I think there is far to much that you will want to cover.

How about standing up saying "Ducks are awesome. Please research them before buying some cute little fluff balls. To conduct this research or if you have any questions, go to the duck forum on BYC. Thank you."
gig.gif

Good luck on your talk, and like Miss Lydia, I too wish I could attend.

I think you are going to go over your alloted time. I think there is far to much that you will want to cover.

How about standing up saying "Ducks are awesome. Please research them before buying some cute little fluff balls. To conduct this research or if you have any questions, go to the duck forum on BYC. Thank you."
gig.gif

Good luck on your talk, and like Miss Lydia, I too wish I could attend.
HA! I sure know I would overtalk!

Here's an idea - what about opening up with a few key & unusual or little-known facts, and then simply opening up the floor for questions?

One big surprise for me was how horrifying it was when the drakes mounted the females in the water, especially when it was in front of my 7 year old daughter. I warn new duck owners about this now.

I am just getting into chickens, but have had ducks for a few years, and from the sounds of it, the ducks can tolerate the winter conditions a lot easier that the chickens can.

I have heard about drakes. Some are more rough than others with the mating. I plan to point out the incompatibility between drakes and chicken hens.

Amiga you need at least an hour. lol
¡Oy!

Maybe if I don't speak in complete sentences, just rapid-fire phrases, like

No food without water
bumblefoot or minor injury: triple antibiotic without pain reliever
Puny: Nutri-drench
Ammonia bad
mold bad
one drake to at least three ducks
Muscovies quiet
Calls loud
Drakes whasp, ducks quack
and if I don't pause to take a breath, I might make it. Nah, I cannot hold my breath for fifteen minutes.

How about, "I love ducks. Any questions?"

¡Oy!

Maybe if I don't speak in complete sentences, just rapid-fire phrases, like

No food without water
bumblefoot or minor injury: triple antibiotic without pain reliever
Puny: Nutri-drench
Ammonia bad
mold bad
one drake to at least three ducks
Muscovies quiet
Calls loud
Drakes whasp, ducks quack
and if I don't pause to take a breath, I might make it. Nah, I cannot hold my breath for fifteen minutes.

How about, "I love ducks. Any questions?"
Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom