If you had to live off just the food in your house...

We're doing pretty well too. We're almost out of meat in the freezer, but Sat. is butcher day. We didn't have a very good garden this year, (miserable actually) but we still have things from last year. I just didn't get to replenish the pickles.
sad.png
We have laying hens, turks and dairy goats. Deer season will be open pretty soon. Rabbit and squirrel are already in season. I've started raking black walnuts. (There's a wind advisory today so thought it would be safer if I stayed away from the walnut trees.
tongue.png
)I don't go to the store very often anymore.

Quote:
Me too. I don't have much of a pantry stock these days either.

X3 Money has been to tight to be able to keep a good stock
hmm.png

I don't think many people do have a real good panty right now. Mine is ok....I could whip up things that my DH and I'd eat....but my kids... they would starve to death because I never make or buy anything good to eat!!
lau.gif
lol Eggs I know they will definitely eat!!

Last edited:
I have almost ZERO storage in this rental we are living in... Unfortunately, we would only last about a week or two.. Lately.... thats the way we have been living.. searching recipes online that require what I have in my pantry and making substitutions fo what we dont... HOPEFULLY
fl.gif
all of that will be changing drastically within the next month!

M.sue :

Quote:
X3 Money has been to tight to be able to keep a good stock
hmm.png

I don't think many people do have a real good panty right now. Mine is ok....I could whip up things that my DH and I'd eat....but my kids... they would starve to death because I never make or buy anything good to eat!!
lau.gif
lol Eggs I know they will definitely eat!!​

5 in our family - The cabinets are full of "stuff" but nothing to eat. Really? I tell the kids to figure something out, think of it as an adventure.
tongue.png
We could probably go a month for all of us. That would be alot of breads and pasta, meat a couple times a week and jam, lots of jam. That's one thing I always have loads of. Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Rhubarb, Bluberry....

Probably indefinately if we had to just survive. Significant other hunts regularly, so 3 stocked freezers, soon to be laying chickens (I hope LOL) lots of garden items, canned, frozen, dairy would be the most difficult-but dairy farmers up the road-does that count? Hardest for me would be my daughter that requires a gluten free diet-so breads etc would be hard to come by. I would guess we could get by nicely for a good 6 months easily

If I was here alone, I could probably live a month or more off what I have in the house right now. Having had gastric bypass surgery several years ago, my stomach's about the size of a nickel so it doesn't take much. I would get bored in about a week, though.

With the 2 of us here, we could probably live 10-14 days on what we have in the house, not counting the never-ending supply of eggs.

Of course, at some point I'd have to go buy chicken feed or things could get ugly out in the pens/yard. LOL.

The place where we are living now doesn't have space for a stockpile, or else I'd be building up a stockpile right now. Plus, I don't really eat canned or processed food other than every once in a blue moon. I eat fresh/real food for the most part. If I eat something that is 350 calories, it's best that most of those calories come from nutrients rather than preservatives and additives that you get in canned and over-processed frozen foods.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom