if you have gravel and/or sand in your run, or stock tank pool?

Quote:
This is similar to what I'm planning to do with my stock tank when I move to the house I'm buying. Right now I have a ramp. But at the new place, the front yard is terraced. I'm going to put the tank up against one terrace so the ducks can walk in and out of the tank from the level above. The measurements are almost perfect!

Then I'm going to surround the ugly tank itself with that slightly curved, stackable, retaining wall concrete block thingies, leaving the drain plug exposed. THEN I'd like to train some ivy to grow up over it, if the ducks allow that to happen.
big_smile.png

i pull the drain, rinse, refill. I have course sand with pea gravel on top on one end and grass on the other end.. they never drag anything into the pond but i do put a blanket down in the winter to keep the rocks from sticking to them in the cold , I use a stock tank heater in the winter and works great.
aduckstolemyheart's idea also sounds great.

43749_1_1_3_6a.png

43749_hpim1057.jpg

43749_hpim1056.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_2010-09-29_19-10-39_225.jpg

43749_im002182.jpg

Wow, thanks for all the great responses and ideas!
big_smile.png
. I'm gonna be busy this weekend! I'll post pics along the way i hope, if i can! but definately the end result. Now, i thought pea gravel on top was bad for their feet? no? should i do sand on bottom or top?

Dawn

I can absolutely post a pic, but I am working right now, UGH! But when I get a chance tonight or tomorrow I can take a pic.
smile.png

I like having one end open, because I can still drain it, and tip the tank to rinse it out, and then drop it right back down in it's spot.

Back
Top Bottom