If you saw this pullet, would you think Blue Wheaten Ameraucana?

shandiane78

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
Woodinville, WA
This thread is just for fun, and for my curiosity. Does this look like a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana pullet to you? (I happen to know she is only half, but I think she's GORGEOUS.)
love.gif
Would love to get some replies from the Ameraucana experts, and I'll let you know what else is in the mix.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Hallerlake, no, I've never shown any of my birds. How was the fair btw? I've been thinking of going.

greencastle_ducks, what would make you think EE or Splash Wheaten?

Thanks!

Quote:
I would go with that because of her actual wheaten color isn't like some of the other wheatens I have seen, and she has a larger comb than I usually see with my BBS or other Ameraucana hens. I said maybe splash wheaten because of the white tail streaks if she were a blue wheaten you should see blue tail streaks if she were a wheaten you would see black tail streaks

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the way she turned out was very surprising to me. Here's the dad (BW Ameraucana):

37464_victor.jpg

And here's the mom:

DSC_0025.jpg

Mom is a "Blue Sex Link". RIR rooster over a BLRW hen! Not seeing any of the mom in her, except that mom has always very nice feathers and lots of them, and daughter feathered out VERY nicely too.
smile.png

Here's the boy from this same cross:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom